LOL @ the Redskins

I do worry that Bezos may immediately buy the Commanders from whomever buys them from Snyder, instantly rename them back to their previous name, and start making smart decisions backed by the deepest pockets darned near out there.

It would cost him less than 5% of his net worth to do it and would be a guaranteed money maker and investment.

There's about a 5% chance that happens and a 0% chance they're ever called the Redskins again.
 
Why wouldn't Bezos just buy it now if he really wants it?
 
They will never be the Redskins again, obviously, but I would love it if the new owner came in and said "This 'Commanders' name sucks, we are going to Warriors or something."
 
The franchise would be worth more without the name change. Slur or not, it was iconic.
That's it. Bezos has enough money to change it back.

He could tell Fed Ex to fuck off (they have the stadium naming sponsorship and were threatening to pull it if Snyder kept the old name). Hell, he's already doing that to them with Amazon delivery.
 
That's it. Bezos has enough money to change it back.

He could tell Fed Ex to fuck off (they have the stadium naming sponsorship and were threatening to pull it if Snyder kept the old name). Hell, he's already doing that to them with Amazon delivery.
Problem is, Bezos would never do that. He is not on that side of the fence.
 
Prolly right, but it's the better business move long term for an owner not a member of the woke army who doesn't care what Fed-Ex thinks.
 
BTW if it isn't clear, I hate the old name and think it's a vile slur created from a time when collecting actual blood red skins from living people for bounty was a thing. I'll never even type it if I can avoid it

But I also on principle dislike anyone being woke-fucked into changing something that a lot of people liked.

So personally I like the fact they changed the name, though the new name albeit not intrinsically offensive is hot garbage
 
BTW if it isn't clear, I hate the old name and think it's a vile slur created from a time when collecting actual blood red skins from living people for bounty was a thing. I'll never even type it if I can avoid it

But I also on principle dislike anyone being woke-fucked into changing something that a lot of people liked.

So personally I like the fact they changed the name, though the new name albeit not intrinsically offensive is hot garbage
The injuns have no problem with it. At all. So, why should anyone else? I get tired of people being offended for other people. Drives me nuts.
 
Back
Top Bottom