LOL @ the Redskins

Really, the new ownership has been calling them the Redskins? I can't imagine they'd go back to that name. But it would be shocking in a good way.

I bet it makes Florio big mad, though.
 
This isn’t the first time I’ve heard they may not keep the name Commanders.

90% of that was that the liberals didn’t like Dan Snyder.

I would love them to go back to Redskins, or if not, to choose “Warriors,” like the Chiefs. But “Redskins,” was used with the utmost respect before so I don’t know why that would matter.
 
This isn’t the first time I’ve heard they may not keep the name Commanders.

90% of that was that the liberals didn’t like Dan Snyder.

I would love them to go back to Redskins, or if not, to choose “Warriors,” like the Chiefs. But “Redskins,” was used with the utmost respect before so I don’t know why that would matter.
I can see how Redskins would be offensive, no matter ones intentions. I've always been in favor of going with something like Warriors or Apaches as you mentioned. There are still a handful of college and pro teams with similar names, so I don't think that would be an issue.
 
Changing the name to begin with was dumb. But it was really stupid not to stay along the same theme. Warriors would have been a lot smoother and smarter move than the fucking commanders. This bowing to the woke crowd is ridiculous.

Of course this is just my uneducated guess, but I'd bet 90%+ of the people 'offended' by the name redskins were white.
 
I do remember when they were making the change, they said even "Warriors" was unacceptable because it could make people think of a Native warrior.

So damn stupid. "Warrior" in no way indicates anything about skin color or ethnicity. But that's how these people think.
 
I do remember when they were making the change, they said even "Warriors" was unacceptable because it could make people think of a Native warrior.

So damn stupid. "Warrior" in no way indicates anything about skin color or ethnicity. But that's how these people think,
Don't you know....only Native Americans can be labeled as a warrior. :rolleyes
 
I can see how Redskins would be offensive, no matter ones intentions. I've always been in favor of going with something like Warriors or Apaches as you mentioned. There are still a handful of college and pro teams with similar names, so I don't think that would be an issue.
Hell, the Cleveland Indians had to change their name. Shit is out of pocket right now.
 
This shit is ridiculous.
 
Did we ever learn exactly what the Cleveland baseball team was guarding?
 
Back
Top Bottom