They just aren't that good, Fangio and their defense keeps things afloat but anytime their defense doesn't dominate they're fucked, and if they are only like a top 10ish defense this year instead of top 3-5 they'll struggle to be above .500.
It's why I'm so pissed about our moron HC, all we need is slightly above average competence coming from our HC and we'd cruise to winning the division with our offense.
There are a lot of Penn State fans in the Philadelphia area, but Penn State isn't a Philadelphia team (and college football isn't remotely a big deal in Philadelphia, most people don't really care that much). It's like 3 hours away (although there are satellite campuses in the area, I grew up within walking distance of one). Penn State is closer to Pittsburgh than Philadelphia. It's silly to use Penn State as "Philadelphia" sports to try and dunk on Philly. Temple is actually in Philadelphia and they won last week.
Even without Penn State it wasn't a good week for Philadelphia sports, but I highly doubt it was the worst stretch ever. The Union and Phillies lost a championship on the same day in 2022, for example.