Joseph Randle waived

I don't think Williams is a good enough route runner to be a good slot guy.

His hands also lack a lot to be desired.

Here is an interesting thought, put Dez in the slot in 3 WR sets. I think he would be unstoppable in there and it would help move him around so that defenses can't just focus in on him.
 
He still has more yards than Murray right now. :lol

 
Him, QB or WR for me. I saw a mock yesterday that had us taking Treadwell at 12. He and Dez would be disgusting together. Move Williams inside and tell Beasley to GTFO.

Grab your WR or RB in the first, then Carson Wentz in the 2nd. Let him sit a couple years behind Romo. Profit.

He broke his wrist and will be out the rest of the season, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him in the 2nd or early 3rd.
 
Him, QB or WR for me. I saw a mock yesterday that had us taking Treadwell at 12. He and Dez would be disgusting together. Move Williams inside and tell Beasley to GTFO.

I saw another mock that had us taking Treadwell at 9...and Cook went 10th. No.
 
If we draft top ten or 15 we would be fools to pass on QB if there's a worthy one sitting there.
 
I saw another mock that had us taking Treadwell at 9...and Cook went 10th. No.
Ya, I wouldn't be down with that. But the mock I saw had 3 QBs going before 12. If that happens, I'm good with getting a legit offensive playmaker and waiting on QB.
 
Ya, I wouldn't be down with that. But the mock I saw had 3 QBs going before 12. If that happens, I'm good with getting a legit offensive playmaker and waiting on QB.

Sure...it was Brugler I think who posted it.

Whatever we do, if we don't go QB, has to be a dynamic offensive player. RB or WR. I'd even say a stretch TE, but I don't see one this year worthy of an early pick.
 
If we draft top ten or 15 we would be fools to pass on QB if there's a worthy one sitting there.

I like the idea of a 2nd round QB more and more.

It's the one scenario where it's low enough of a pick where he could sit on the bench a year while still being of high enough pedigree to make all necessary throws.

Sure, if the next Ben Roethlisberger drops to wherever we pick, you take him, but you're more likely to get an over-hyped product of the pre-draft and combine process that demands there be multiple 1st round QB's whether or not the talent is actually there.

Meanwhile guys like Carr, who's leapt to the head of his class, slip quietly into the 2nd.
 
 
If we draft top ten or 15 we would be fools to pass on QB if there's a worthy one sitting there.

People keep saying this but at 15 you are usually reaching on a QB.

Not saying nobody is worthy but it's not like there are so many quality guys coming out that a good QB will drop.

Is anybody really excited by Cook who will probably be the 3rd guy after the Cal and Memphis QB's?
 
I like the idea of a 2nd round QB more and more.

It's the one scenario where it's low enough of a pick where he could sit on the bench a year while still being of high enough pedigree to make all necessary throws.

Sure, if the next Ben Roethlisberger drops to wherever we pick, you take him, but you're more likely to get an over-hyped product of the pre-draft and combine process that demands there be multiple 1st round QB's whether or not the talent is actually there.

Meanwhile guys like Carr, who's leapt to the head of his class, slip quietly into the 2nd.

Yeah the 2nd is my sweet spot for a QB as well even if you trade up for a guy you really like.

It seems that either you are a top 10 prospect as a QB or a bottom 1st 2nd round guy. if Carr and Bridgestone were coming out this year they would both be the top QB prospects.
 
If we are picking at 15 I would expect the top 3 QB's to all be gone, and even with that said I wouldn't be extremely thrilled with Cook considering he's never topped a 60% completion in college. I wouldn't totally hate it but I definitely question his accuracy, pocket presence and mobility.
 
Good.

Ezekiel Elliott at 15 next year, come on down.

I'd do that.

Assuming we probably won't go QB, it'd be down to RB, WR, DB, DL or LB. DL is likely out with our upgraded DE's and we don't seem to like DT's early. Just took a CB #1 last year and LB doesn't seem as big of a need. I figure it'd come down to RB or WR.
 
If we are picking at 15 I would expect the top 3 QB's to all be gone, and even with that said I wouldn't be extremely thrilled with Cook considering he's never topped a 60% completion in college. I wouldn't totally hate it but I definitely question his accuracy, pocket presence and mobility.

I would hate it, this team does not have enough depth to be picking a QB like that at 15.

That's prime WR, DT territory.
 
I'd do that.

Assuming we probably won't go QB, it'd be down to RB, WR, DB, DL or LB. DL is likely out with our upgraded DE's and we don't seem to like DT's early. Just took a CB #1 last year and LB doesn't seem as big of a need. I figure it'd come down to RB or WR.

Feh to Elliot. I'd much rather a QB like Cook. Hell it wouldn't even be close.
 
Here is an interesting thought, put Dez in the slot in 3 WR sets. I think he would be unstoppable in there and it would help move him around so that defenses can't just focus in on him.

Dez was in the slot last weekend multiple times.
 
With both Wilcox and Church FAs...we need to take a look at top Ss as well.
 
Hopefully this is shaping up like that Spurs season when Robinson went down and they ended up being able to draft Duncan.
 
Dez was in the slot last weekend multiple times.

Yeah, and with a young stud WR on one side and Williams on the other outside that could be a pretty dangerous group of WRs. Then the only complaint is that we wasted that contract on Beasley to play the slot and now he isn't playing.
 
Back
Top Bottom