Same...I don't believe for a second he will miss games but I also don't think he will participate in training camp without a deal in place. Why should he? He would risk long term injury that could jeopardize the potential for a long term deal all while there are no financial repercussions for sitting out.
Personally, I just want to get the damn deal done.
Same...
I don't understand why they don't want to just set the market and be done with it. What if Denver pays Thomas more than what we're offering Dez? You know Dez is going to want more than him.
I may have read too much into this tweet though. I thought he was making a veiled threat that he's gone from Dallas as soon as he's able if he doesn't get a long term deal by Wednesday. I could see him signing the tender with an agreement from Dallas to not tag him next offseason and then he'll go the highest bidder in 2016.
The question I ask myself is, "would Michael Irvin act the same as Dez?"
I may have been too young to pay any attention to the financial details of Irvin's deal, and not to take away from Dez's passion, but it seems that Bryant is more concerned about money than anything else. This irks me a bit.
Honestly, I think he's more concerned with recognition for the strides he has made as a person than anything. That just so happens to be quantified by money in this case.
Another possibility of a missing player in the lineup at the start of the season. Between suspensions and hold outs plus unproven RBs, the seasons start is getting cloudy.
He is using that leverage.
He knows this offense is dead in the water starting Williams and Beasley with Randle running the ball.
As much as I fault him for being a little greedy, Goof Son and Jerry brought this on themselves by doing zip and zilch at RB.
They lost their identity and now won't even have the passing game to fall back on if he decides to miss a few games.
GTFO with that crap.
That just shows he's been on his best behavior and wants to be rewarded for it, like it matters.
I don't question he's a great player and deserves a long term deal, but if he's waiting for Megatron money, that is a little crazy.
I think he can feed his family on what Dallas would offer and we are not exactly a franchise that lowballs the stars.
I was willing to give Bryant the benefit of the doubt thus far, but when a player holds the team hostage, eff him.
You mean like Emmitt did?
Emmitt Smith was not staring at franchise guaranteed money.
Bryant is.
So anyways, like I was saying, eff him.