Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

Scully after Hawkins said that: "Did you wear a helmet when you played?" :lol
 


Especially because I think the 94 team would have been the best of them all.

A lot of people forget that that team started the season off 9-1. I think everything sans the HC all came together that year for them.

They were no longer the young and innocent team anymore. They were two-time defending champions and they knew exactly how good they were.

They were not only confident but now they were experienced and ready for anything they saw out on the field. That's how they were able to get back to the the NFCC despite being coached by a buffoon.

The only reason they didn't win the whole thing all over again is because they spotted the 49ers 21 free points to start the game -- something that doesn't occur if Jimmy were there.

In fact, I'm guessing the Cowboys probably finish the season 14 and 2 and get home field advantage and beat the shit out of the 49ers again in the NFC by two scores in Dallas.

Instead, we're always going to be left to wonder just how much that team could have accomplished had the Jones curse not fucked it up.
 
Especially because I think the 94 team would have been the best of them all.

A lot of people forget that that team started the season off 9-1. I think everything sans the HC all came together that year for them.

They were no longer the young and innocent team anymore. They were two-time defending champions and they knew exactly how good they were.

They were not only confident but now they were experienced and ready for anything they saw out on the field. That's how they were able to get back to the the NFCC despite being coached by a buffoon.

The only reason they didn't win the whole thing all over again is because they spotted the 49ers 21 free points to start the game -- something that doesn't occur if Jimmy were there.

In fact, I'm guessing the Cowboys probably finish the season 14 and 2 and get home field advantage and beat the shit out of the 49ers again in the NFC by two scores in Dallas.

Instead, we're always going to be left to wonder just how much that team could have accomplished had the Jones curse not fucked it up.
Had Erik Williams not had that… ridiculous accident, the team might have won in spite of Switzer
 
Since we're on that game, let's relive the genius of our Next Landry...

 
I will not have this thread muddied by shit eras and bad moments.

This is the nostalgia thread, damnit!

Only great times are allowed here!

 
What a gutsy performance this was:




I couldn't stand Buddy Ryan, but honestly, who could?

Back in those days, the Cardinals were a total afterthought so this was the only season that I can recall during the old NFC East days where I really really wanted the Cowboys to beat them.

Bitch ass Buddy brought a bunch of his goons with him to Arizona and they played dirty in both games that year, especially that dick face, Wilbur Marshall.

He knocks Aikman out of this game with a hit that didn't even go flagged. If that exact hit happened in today's NFL he's probably ejected from the game and for sure receives a suspension.

He had already hit Aikman late a couple of times in the previous meeting in Dallas where we beat the shit out of them 38-3 which ended up being the worst loss in Buddy Ryan's career. :laff

But this game right there is one of my favorites from those 90s teams because much like the 94 NFCC, it was a demonstration of their character and what they were truly made of.

Rodney Peete came off the bench to play very well but it was all the stars of that team on both sides of the ball stepping up to ensure that they pulled out a tough win on the road against the Cardinals team that was really desperate to beat them.

Fuck you, Budd Ryan thugs!
 
Last edited:
Peete subbing for Aikman is the only thing I remember. Also, Erik Williams had the car accident after that game.
 
Peete subbing for Aikman is the only thing I remember. Also, Erik Williams had the car accident after that game.

It was a really good game and those Cardinal players really wanted it.

Hell, even the fans seemed pumped for that game and that was a real rarity back in those days with the Cowboys being treated damn near like a home team and all.
 
Back
Top Bottom