2026 Season | Week 5 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bucs @ Cowboys | 10/08/2026

We haven’t had a gameday chatter sacrifice in years.

I haven’t run the numbers, but I’m confident since the last sacrifice our defense has ranked #32nd in EPA, #32 explosive plays, #32 promises fulfilled, #1 lips smacked and #1 bullshit continued
I don't have an opinion on who it should be. But, it will not be @aceofspades. That man has endured almost 25 years of Cowboys suckery on this board and hasn't once posted. He is an oak. A man of silent passion. One day he will speak to us and tell us of his wise ways. For now, we wait.
 
There’s no fear of consequences for bad play or anything else for that matter. There needs to be fear. Fear for their jobs, their livelihoods, their playing time. There needs to be a radical overhaul.
 
I think he was saying the 2nd rounder being high would be the only benefit we get from a bad record, since we won't even get the high first and we have like no other picks (besides whatever Green Bay's is, but we don't benefit from our own bad record with that one).


He had a weird way of saying that. But, Green Bay might still be worse than us, the Jets might still get Green Bay's and we might keep our own. Hell, we might both pick top ten.
 
Okay, but the defense he played on in 2024 was barely any better.


Exactly. People forget since it's been even worse since he left but that defense was pretty bad in 2024 even with Micah. Hell, even in the 2023 playoff loss to the Packers, the defense was atrocious. This has been a while. It's not from losing Micah.
 
I mean... that's almost the entire run of futility.

There's a pretty good chance this is all his fault.
giphy.gif
 
I don't know how a coach can look at this and think Ferguson should still be on the field at all, let alone a starter.





I was just about to post this. Inexcusable. 2 games in a row he’s done this. I guarantee you the players are seeing this, if not during the game then during the film study for sure. What kind of message does this send to the rest of the team when you allow it to continue? No wonder the culture is so fucked up. He should’ve been cut today.
 
…
Not to defend Schotty, but it's highly doubtful he has the power to do that here even if he wanted to.



At this point, I would stand Jerry’s desk and piss on it if he wouldn’t let me make the personnel moves I need to make to restore order. What fucking difference does it make? He’s NEVER EVER getting another HC job. Might as well fail on your own terms.
 
The problem with this team is Jerry thinks branding wins football games. As much as Jerry and Co want to put the team together the front office isn’t the coaching staff. Our coaching staff is a bunch of guys that the real professionals wouldn’t promote but Jerry the brand and CEO wants to run the team. Jerry the CEO and Dallas Cowboys the brand dont win football games. You can’t just throw a team together pick some coaches and expect to win. The final authority has to be with the coach and Jerry the self titled GM wont allow that. Jerry thinks this organization should be run like a boardroom and the professionals who eat sleep and breathe destroy his teams every year. Owners dont win football games. Coaches and players do.
 
…




At this point, I would stand Jerry’s desk and piss on it if he wouldn’t let me make the personnel moves I need to make to restore order. What fucking difference does it make? He’s NEVER EVER getting another HC job. Might as well fail on your own terms.
Damn straight.
 
Not if the pick we get from the Packers would have been a high one. Then it makes our trade for Quinnen a bad one, and the two trades are linked together because we needed Williams more than ever with Parsons gone.

Straight up value the trade in isolation becomes stronger the more the Packers suck, but we should have negotiated that if the 1st rounder the Jets received was in the top ten, we’d get their 2nd round pick in exchange.
 
The Jets might wind up getting Green Bay's. But either way we have a first.
The context was finishing 2-15 doesn’t help us, because the Jets and several other teams get the resulting higher picks in rounds 1 and 3-7.

All that extreme pain and humiliation would buy us is an earlier 2nd round pick.
 
And we have very little to rebuild with. I’d have a fucking fire sale before the trade deadline. I don’t want any of these motherfuckers infecting the next group that comes in.
Doesn't matter. It isn't the players that are patient zero. The infection starts at the very top.
 
I was just about to post this. Inexcusable. 2 games in a row he’s done this. I guarantee you the players are seeing this, if not during the game then during the film study for sure. What kind of message does this send to the rest of the team when you allow it to continue? No wonder the culture is so fucked up. He should’ve been cut today.
He's been paid, bro. He's bona fide. Made man...whatever you want to call someone who's in.
 
Then it makes our trade for Quinnen a bad one, and the two trades are linked together because we needed Williams more than ever with Parsons gone.
Sorry, but this makes zero sense. The two play different positions so getting rid of Parsons didn't open up a hole that Quinnen filled. Quinnen plays NT and Parsons is an EDGE, so the whole premise of the trades being somehow linked is silly at best. You can argue you don't like the Quinnen trade, but that has nothing to do with the Parsons trade.
 
Back
Top Bottom