2026 Season | Week 5 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bucs @ Cowboys | 10/08/2026

Cut him.
 
that was the Bland pick6 I called before the game, you bastid!
 
That would have potentially tied the game up
 
I'd really love for someone to tell me exactly why Schottenheimer is better than Garrett, beyond the fact that we had to watch Garrett about 7 years longer than we should have.

Just purely in terms of quality as a HC, why is Schottenheimer better?

We had horrific defenses early on under Garrett also, went 8-8 three straight years, and we seem to be on roughly the same path right now. 7-9-1 last year, 8-9 or 9-8 this year, do we think we'll somehow jump to 12-5 next year?

Puppet HC, childish game management, big moments where you can tell their brains stop working, consistently lacking in the finer points of the game that top HC's obsess over, meager results with top offensive talent, led the league in penalties last year, so on and so forth.

Sure, Garrett was a smarmy backstabber, but Schottenheimer clearly schmoozed his way into the job as well during the interview process last year. Schmoozing isn't as bad as tanking the previous HC but being an asshole isn't part of judging a HC's quality.

I think you could give Schottenheimer 10 years and he'd never once sniff being the 1 seed in the conference like 2016.

Garrett was arguably the worst HC in this team's history, never should've lasted past 2-3 years and I hated him as much as anyone, but we're 22 games into Schottenheimer's regime and I can't see how anybody could think he's any better.

@Genghis Khan
There’s no reason besides essentially virtue signaling.

“I hate Garrett the most!”

“No, I hate Garrett the most.”

This is way worse and it’s not close.
 
I don't get it

because you win with an xp on the second score instead of tying and you still have a chance to tie with a 2pt conversion on the second score if you fail the first 2pt conversion.
 
It’s a chance to win the game with an extra point at best and at worst a 2-pt try to tie, with the odds you’ll make at least one conversion

Dak flubbed it, should have been an easy TD to Flournoy or Lamb. And he held it.

Imagine we get that and Bland doesn't fuck up. We'd be winning right now.
 
Back
Top Bottom