2026 Season | Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Texans | 10/04/2026

He is mentally world's ahead. I think his accuracy has gotten way better over the years as well.

The only thing that has dropped off is his mobility. Not that he is immobile or was ever a big scrambling QB. But he is a perfect example that a QB can keep getting better long into their career as long as their throwing arm doesn't get jacked up.


I think this is the biggest difference.

Edit: To me, his mental ability outweighs what he was able to do with his legs.
 
That's where I had him too but I think he's better than that now.

I think he's legit top 5 now.

He is today where I thought Romo was in 2014 -- that point where everything finally clicks.

He's been fantastic to watch this season.
That pass he threw to the sideline to Cee Dee was a thing of beauty. Not many guys in the league can make that pass.

 
That pass he threw to the sideline to Cee Dee was a thing of beauty. Not many guys in the league can make that pass.


He’s made many more challenging throws than this, in fact this is prolly executed as it’s drawn up. Over the near zone and under the far one.

The skill to make these comeback throws in between zones comes with the territory of NFL QB. This might have seemed harder because of the elevation the near defender got.
 
I think this is the biggest difference.

Edit: To me, his mental ability outweighs what he was able to do with his legs.
Can you imagine if Ferg had any real receiving talent? Or if Schotty put Williams out into more patterns by design?

Then it’s truly Candyland.
 
Turpin, Tolbert, Ferguson, Michael Gallup, Dalton Schultz.

Hell, even Randall Cobb had a career resurgence for one year when he had Dak throwing him the ball. Anyway, that's just a few. I'm sure there are more guys who had some of the best years of their careers here before leaving and never being that productive again.

Honestly even look at Pickens. He was a career 900 yard receiver with Pitt. Gets with Dak and he has 1400 yards and destroys his career bests.
Let me start by saying you don't have to have any "elevation" examples to be a great QB. They are hugely situational!

That said... Ferg and Schultz are TE's, Turpin has no performances to brag about, and Tolbert? Really?

Gallup was a solidly pedigreed draft prospect and good before his injury, and totally washed after it. Hard to tell if he was elevated by anyone.

I don't know if Cobb was elevated by Dak or more by a more visible role in an offense that was more than once chasing empty stats from behind, especially vs the Packers and Bears. He was our 3rd/4th guy and Green Bay's 4th/5th guy. Dak threw for nearly 5000 yards and we went 8-8, which tells you most about what you need to know about how effective those yards really were.

There is no Laurent Robinson example, the journeyman who exploded in Dallas for a year, signed a big money FA deal, then did nothing. But like I said, I don't think that matters very much anyways.

I think Dak is very good at executing every throw and taking what the defense is giving him.

I think his GM has done everything possible to stock a world class OL and WR targets for his QB, usually to the detriment of the rest of the team.
 
Back
Top Bottom