2026 Season | Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Texans | 10/04/2026

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
140,866
I think this one is going to be a close one. I do think we will win, and here’s why.

I think we will do well against them in the air. They are 26th in the league in passing yards allowed, so our passing game should flourish. They are 5th in the league in rushing defense. I don’t see us running the ball much outside of short yardage situations and to keep them honest. But, I think Dak and Lamb/Pickens/Flo will eat. I also predict this will be the first game we see Camden Brown active. (maybe hope is a better word)

Their offense relies on the pass. Their run game is atrocious (84.7 yards a game). Their interior line is not very good. I think Quinnen will clog the middle and cause them fits all game, and Porter will handle Nico Collins (the last time the two met Porter held him to 2 catches for 15 yards). I think the bigger issue will be with Dalton Schultz. With Porter on the team, Bland can play in the slot where he is more comfortable, so that will help, but the LBers will have to handle most of that coverage.

I think this will be close, as I said, but with the Cowboys, who knows which team will show up.

I think the game will end up something like Cowboys 31 – Texans 27. I think our defense will do just enough to win, and our offense will dominate in the air.

Bring one home for Nugget, ‘Boys. Go Cowboys.
 
Tough to call… through 3 games the defense has looked atrocious but seems to be getting a little better . Do we take a big step forward or do we regress .. we will see. The offense needs to open it up more.. I’m not feeling that potency it’s was supposed to bring in the preseason hype. I think the play calling needs to be way better . This conservativeness needs to stop … we need to develop that killer instinct and finish the fuckin game .
 
So he comes in between Seat Belt TDs? Cool.
 
I do think we get some sacks today. Some of those "almost sacks" we have been getting will finally hit home now that there isn't a QB out there to make our rushers look silly.
I predict somewhere between 0 and 8 Quinnen Williams sacks today. Bradie Bottle lock that shit.
 
When the hell are the Kelce brothers going to go away? Now the lesser Kelce is announcing games? He looks like he pulled clothes off the floor and walked into the announcing booth. :lol
 
So the Skins are playing the Colts in London or something... and Mariota got hurt, almost like a hip drop type sack on his ankle.
 
@Chocolate Lab Since the tennis talk worked two weeks ago I figured I'd try it again.

I'm curious to see Alcaraz next year because I think he has a habit of playing flashy and wanting to hit big all the time, which bites him in the ass depending on the circumstances. I remember his last coach Ferrero saying he would force him in practice to hit at least 3-4 or so shots to start a rally that are mostly neutral before going for a drop shot or a massive shot, because he needed to learn to play a little more even and pick his spots rather than always "going for it".

I saw some of that unnecessary flashiness in the Shelton QF match where it seemed like if Alcaraz just dialed it back a bit he would win some free points and let the match/environment stabilize, instead of trying to push the level higher and higher against a guy that was redlining in front of a crowd feeding off of it. Zverev actually said in the final he knew that one of the keys was hitting softer, loopier shots to Shelton's backhand because Shelton's backhand was much better against flatter balls with more pace.

Alcaraz is clearly the best in the world and almost has too many weapons that sometimes he doesn't know which to go with or when. He's accomplished so much already, and now without the coach that he had for most of his career, I'm curious to see if he is willing to take that sort of pragmatic approach that Zverev had as opposed to always going for big winners and making the crowd go "oooohh".

He'll be forced to be more pragmatic once Sinner is back pushing him because that's the only way you beat Sinner, but until then I'm very curious to see what sort of mindset he has early next year.
 
Jonathan Taylor showing that lateral speed into the end zone

I don’t know about that celebration. Pinky up pretending to drink tea, NFL may fine him for it being alcoholic tea laced with cocaine
 
Since the tennis talk worked two weeks ago I figured I'd try it again.
You can't say we aren't pulling out all the stops for this must-win game... :lol

I'll be honest, I'm not an Alcaraz fan. I don't really enjoy most of the players these days because of the changes years ago... the poly strings, the slowing down of the courts, etc. Too much just slugging back and forth without accomplishing anything IMO, and there aren't the different styles like you used to get with a Sampras-Agassi type match. It kind of drives me nuts how none of these guys can volley anymore. Like at all.

That said, I thought a few years ago that Alcaraz would be the easy #1 by now because he is so talented. To me, he's almost like a little more well-rounded and more efficient Nadal, or could be. And he's faster and has better touch. One thing I do like is how much he uses the drop shot, which to me was always underused. But yeah, incredibly gifted. It has to be only his head holding him back a bit, maybe just maturity, or he'd be the best right now. So maybe a new coach is a good idea to harness and direct all that talent. There is that Spanish desire for flair that might always be there, though.

Who else do you like? I don't follow it much but I do like the guys who are a little different. I kind of enjoy watching Medvedev just because he is so gangly and not such a machine, has that totally flat backhand. I kind of like Musetti (IIRC?) because I like how he has a decent variety of shots and actually slices his backhand a lot. I'll watch anyone for a bit who has a great one-handed backhand.

Sorry to the board but if this works it's pregame tennis the rest of the year. :towel
 
You can't say we aren't pulling out all the stops for this must-win game... :lol

I'll be honest, I'm not an Alcaraz fan. I don't really enjoy most of the players these days because of the changes years ago... the poly strings, the slowing down of the courts, etc. Too much just slugging back and forth without accomplishing anything IMO, and there aren't the different styles like you used to get with a Sampras-Agassi type match. It kind of drives me nuts how none of these guys can volley anymore. Like at all.

That said, I thought a few years ago that Alcaraz would be the easy #1 by now because he is so talented. To me, he's almost like a little more well-rounded and more efficient Nadal, or could be. And he's faster and has better touch. One thing I do like is how much he uses the drop shot, which to me was always underused. But yeah, incredibly gifted. It has to be only his head holding him back a bit, maybe just maturity, or he'd be the best right now. So maybe a new coach is a good idea to harness and direct all that talent. There is that Spanish desire for flair that might always be there, though.

Who else do you like? I don't follow it much but I do like the guys who are a little different. I kind of enjoy watching Medvedev just because he is so gangly and not such a machine, has that totally flat backhand. I kind of like Musetti (IIRC?) because I like how he has a decent variety of shots and actually slices his backhand a lot. I'll watch anyone for a bit who has a great one-handed backhand.

Sorry to the board but if this works it's pregame tennis the rest of the year. :towel

I like Sharapova
 
Back
Top Bottom