2026 Season | Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Texans | 10/04/2026

...
I don’t give af about any tv announcer unless they have commentary like PISS MISSILE!


I think they should be allowed to curse freely during broadcasts.
 
I love Summerall for his proximity to Madden and Madden elevated him quite a bit. But I don't think Summerall was an all timer otherwise.

I like play by play where the announcer is excited when big plays happen. Summerall was way too subdued for my taste.


I liked Brent Musberger.
 
...



I think they should be allowed to curse freely during broadcasts.

I will mark you down for Jimmy the Greek and Howard Cosell. We can even throw in Don Meredith so he can keep fighting with Howard.
 
Do yall think Christian Parker will put it together by seasons end?

I saw some improvement yesterday so I’m hopeful.
 
Do yall think Christian Parker will put it together by seasons end?

I saw some improvement yesterday so I’m hopeful.

I do but I’m basing it on just a gut feeling. I can’t prove he will. I like what I’ve heard from him and obviously I’m hopeful.

I think what he’s trying to do will work. Now, maybe he’s too green or he isn’t good at conveying the message to certain players. Maybe we need a few upgrades at certain positions. But I have seen certain small signs that make me optimistic. Simpleton mentioned it in one of his posts, but our run defense is vastly improved and it’s easy to see just with the eye test. Considering we’ve had a string of DCs that couldn’t fix that, I’m willing to see what else Parker can do through the season.
 
Do yall think Christian Parker will put it together by seasons end?

I saw some improvement yesterday so I’m hopeful.

I think he will for the most part. Maybe it's blind faith but I still believe in the intelligence level of Parker and his football background. Now could he still be a couple pieces short of putting it all together? Of course. We could really use another LBer out there as impactful as Barham. We could really use one of these safeties that is currently sitting on IR badly as well.

And maybe EZ and Lawrence will need one more offseason to really become impactful players and that holds the defense back. But ultimately I do think Parker will get this defense humming. At least to the point we can feel a lot better about it. But we are also probably a year away from being a top 5-10 type defense.
 
So for those who think we weren't aggressive enough when we got the ball back up 28-24, remember that we did attempt a deep ball but Steele fucked it up.

Here's proof that we actually did identify the sluggo as something we could exploit and we tried to ice the game with it, but Steele didn't block Anderson long enough:

 
So for those who think we weren't aggressive enough when we got the ball back up 28-24, remember that we did attempt a deep ball but Steele fucked it up.

Here's proof that we actually did identify the sluggo as something we could exploit and we tried to ice the game with it, but Steele didn't block Anderson long enough:



Yeah that's the play that they also sort of blaster Ferg who was supposed to chip but instead just flailed his hands in the general direction of Anderson. At the end of the day it was a great play call. Just shitty execution up front.
 
Back
Top Bottom