This is an absurd take from one of the Garrett hater ringleaders.Funny, but big picture this morning, I'm less mad at Schottenheimer, not more.
Was he to blame for last night, sure... He among others. But will anything change with the next guy? Nope. It'll just be another HC like him.
Will the next guy be hired because he's truly the best coach on the market? Nope.
Will he be able to practice the players as hard as possible in camp and get them ready in preseason games? Nope.
Will he be able to fire an obviously awful coordinator? Nope.
Will he change the brain trust's latest pet projects, like trading mid round picks for players other teams are getting rid of? Nope.
He'll just be the next stooge taking the bullets for Jerry on tough days Iike this one.
Happy Monday.
Schottenheimer, so far, is far worse.Obviously 2-4 years of Schottenheimer is better than 10 of Garrett, my point is Schottenheimer is an equally bad HC in terms of the things you expect a HC to be able to do.
I will tell you this, Schottenheimer’s Kid faulted up to the Garrett stratosphere in record time.
I thought we were all unified on that front versus @Smitty .
Is this supposed to be an insult?This is an absurd take from one of the Garrett hater ringleaders.

Just FYI, and you probably didn't need to know this, but you don't have to put the space after a tagged username. It will recognize the tag without the space.See what you did, @Simpleton ?

Is this supposed to be an insult?![]()
I invoke the “don’t change just to change, change when you know you can target an upgrade,” clause here.I'm not sure I agree with this.
Hypocrisy? YesIs this supposed to be an insult?![]()
See what you did, @Simpleton ?
How was the goal to just be competent this year? This is an all-in year with looming cap trouble and free agent defections, no chest of draft assets, etc.I do think it will be much better. The problem now is injuries.
But to me it was always about just making progress to competent this year, then maybe actually being above average to pretty good next year.
I haven't seen that from Schottenheimer yet