2026 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Ravens @ Cowboys (Rio) | 09/27/2026

I had the radio on at times and I do remember Sham saying Jones was playing his first snap as a Cowboy... But it was such a chaotic, crucial time of the game, I didn't look into if Steele was hurt or what and I don't think they mentioned it again.
Well, it's a change that's long overdue.

Jones for Steele and Spannford for Ferguson are the two changes that should be made this week but won't be.
 
Well, it's a change that's long overdue.

Jones for Steele and Spannford for Ferguson are the two changes that should be made this week but won't be.
Hyphen needs more plays for sure. I'm not as confident that Jones is any better than Steele. Steelers fans felt about him the same way we feel about Steele.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Steele was benched on the final few plays right?

After the Dak scramble that got us down to the 5, I don't think Steele was in on the play after that.

Yep, as far as I can tell.

He was terrible all day and was probably the main reason about half of our run plays got blown up.

On the flip side, Guyton was left 1-on-1 with Hendrickson all day and we didn't hear much from him.
 
Hyphen needs more plays for sure. I'm not as confident that Jones is any better than Steele. Steelers fans felt about him the same way we feel about Steele.
There's a very good chance we don't see any improvement with Jones, but I think we have to at least try because Steele single-handedly ruins about 5-7 plays a game.
 
Even if Schottenheimer is a lousy NFL coach, he'll never be the same grinning, fraudulent, backstabbing, arrogant, detestable figure Garrett was/is.


Thank you.

If he's anything he's fat Wade.

Garrett was in a category of his own and we need to stop being retarded about this.
 
Thank you.

If he's anything he's fat Wade.

Garrett was in a category of his own and we need to stop being retarded about this.

I don't give a fuck about how Garrett acted or whatever, he was a terrible coach and I think Schottenheimer is well on his way to being just as bad. Maybe he turns it around but I'm not optimistic.

The only saving grace is he won't be around for a decade.
 
Are you guys really discussing who is the shinier turd?

Garrett did less with more.

Shot has been around the pro game for his whole life and making mistakes that a junior high coach makes.

They both suck and have/had no business being a HC or OC.
 
The more I think about it, the more I just want Schotty gone.

He said he overcoached Dak to just throw that ball away on 3rd down, which I can buy.

If you really looked at that 3rd down play as basically a throw-away play because you didn't want to risk a sack or penalty, I can understand that.

I'd like to see us go for the win there and take the risk, but I can see the logic in just ensuring you do not lose there and I'm ok with that.

However, here's what doesn't add up about that sequence...

If that's how you truly felt about that 3rd down, then why call the timeout so early after the Dak scramble on 2nd down? If you're basically just settling for the FG at that point, let time go down a few seconds more and just kick the FG as regulation ends.

I think Schotty just lacked situational awareness there at the end and honestly had no clue what he was going to do and then panicked once we get into that situation.

His dad was a notoriously conservative coach who played not to lose and it looks like his son is the same way, minus all the other great things Marty was good at.

Oh, and on that series, the 1st down fade play was awful too.

If you were gonna run the ball, the time to do it was on 1st down. I don't have a problem with a pass either, but why are you running such a low percentage play in what is your best down to run whatever you want?
 
Last edited:
Are you guys really discussing who is the shinier turd?

Garrett did less with more.

Shot has been around the pro game for his whole life and making mistakes that a junior high coach makes.

They both suck and have/had no business being a HC or OC.

IMG8712191284764240995.gif
 
Between the kick the ball outta the endzone and throw the ball away on purpose even with Pickens open, it was easily some of the worst head coaching you will ever see.

Dave Campo lul's at Schotty.
 
Are you guys really discussing who is the shinier turd?

Garrett did less with more.

Shot has been around the pro game for his whole life and making mistakes that a junior high coach makes.

They both suck and have/had no business being a HC or OC.

This is pretty much how I see it so far, and my point is not to argue over who is slightly better or worse, it's that we have a complete lemon at HC similar to Garrett and he needs to be gone ASAP.
 
The more I think about it the angrier I get. You have one offensive play left. You have two elite endzone WRs. How do you not give one of them a shot at winning the game. Playing for overtime is just plain stupid. You have no one left to play in the secondary and with the humidity your defense is gassed to the extreme.
 
The more I think about it the angrier I get. You have one offensive play left. You have two elite endzone WRs. How do you not give one of them a shot at winning the game. Playing for overtime is just plain stupid. You have no one left to play in the secondary and with the humidity your defense is gassed to the extreme.

The issue was that there were about 5-7 decisions/touch points like that and our HC fell well short almost every time.
 
The issue was that there were about 5-7 decisions/touch points like that and our HC fell well short almost every time.

Yeah I mean I could have a laundry list of complaints. But at the end of the day you had the ball in position to win the game despite the fuck ups. And at the end of the day you fucked up when it mattered most.
 
Back
Top Bottom