2026 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Ravens @ Cowboys (Rio) | 09/27/2026

Exactly.

The excessive running down of the clock a few plays earlier is what put us in that bind to begin with and I think that hurt even worse than Schoon's false start because even at the 3 yard line with 20 seconds and one time out on 3rd down, we could only run so many plays in that situation.
I felt hypocritical as shit watch that sequence of plays. I was screaming slow down, and then a play later (after that Keystone Cops run off of at least 20 seconds) was screaming GET TO THE FUCKING LINE AND SNAP THE BALL! The players were confused because the HC was on over his head and had no idea what to do in that situation. Unacceptable.
 
This team will never win anything as long as Jerry Jones is in charge. These guys are a traveling circus with no discipline. It’s a penalty fest every week and Jerry doesn’t put enough talent on the field to overcome it. It would be one thing if Jerry was good at acquiring talent but he’s not. We dont even contend for the division anymore. It’s a bad product. The Skins and Giants dont even have healthy QBs and we still can’t take advantage of it.
Well yeah, that's a given, but I have given up blaming him. I guess he beat me down. I am ambivalent towards Jerry at this point. I guess I have finally given in to the fact that that part of the equation will never change.
 
After today? You better believe it.

Ultimately I think they're six of one, half dozen of another, but I could see an argument for Schottenheimer being worse right now.
Dude. 10 fucking years. I am down on the BS (meant both ways) as anyone, but Garrett set us back an entire decade.
 


That graphic doesn't mean shit. Show me the clock on the same screen as the TO being called. There is no way you can convince me it was called in time until I see that.
 
Funny, but big picture this morning, I'm less mad at Schottenheimer, not more.

Was he to blame for last night, sure... He among others. But will anything change with the next guy? Nope. It'll just be another HC like him.

Will the next guy be hired because he's truly the best coach on the market? Nope.

Will he be able to practice the players as hard as possible in camp and get them ready in preseason games? Nope.

Will he be able to fire an obviously awful coordinator? Nope.

Will he change the brain trust's latest pet projects, like trading mid round picks for players other teams are getting rid of? Nope.

He'll just be the next stooge taking the bullets for Jerry on tough days Iike this one.

Happy Monday.
 
I haven't read back through the thread to see how everyone feels, but here is my take after sleeping on it.

The defense played well enough to win. The offense played well enough to win. The STs at least didn't lose us the game. This loss, and probably more to come down the road, lays solely at the feet of Schottenheimer. From the horrific play calling (we were killing them with the run and abandoned it at the 1 fucking yard line) to the peewee league level of clock management at the end. There is absolutely no blame to be placed on the players. They played hard, which was very nice to see. The want-to is there. And, to be clear, I am not blaming the coaching staff for this. I am blaming one person. The HC.

I was still holding out hope that Shotty would develop into a good head coach, but I am officially done with him now. I hope he is gone this offseason. The players showed they have the talent and the drive to win, but it's impossible to win if your HC doesn't squib kick the kickoff with 7 seconds left or allows the DC to play soft defense to allow a 30 yard completion or doesn't coach the players to not tackle the fucking guy immediately if he does catch that ball.

My rant is over and those are my two cents. We will never win shit with this guy as our HC. He needs to be gone.

Pretty much exactly what most of us have been saying.
 
The STs at least didn't lose us the game.
I dunno, they kicked two KOs out of bounds, got a field goal blocked, and didn't think to squib the last kickoff to burn time off the clock.

But the team that makes double what the second place team makes in revenue each year didn't want to pay two coordinators to not coach, so our guy from under the overpass stays.
 
Funny, but big picture this morning, I'm less mad at Schottenheimer, not more.

Was he to blame for last night, sure... He among others. But will anything change with the next guy? Nope. It'll just be another HC like him.

Will the next guy be hired because he's truly the best coach on the market? Nope.

Will he be able to practice the players as hard as possible in camp and get them ready in preseason games? Nope.

Will he be able to fire an obviously awful coordinator? Nope.

Will he change the brain trust's latest pet projects, like trading mid round picks for players other teams are getting rid of? Nope.

He'll just be the next stooge taking the bullets for Jerry on tough days Iike this one.

Happy Monday.
I'm with you on Jerry. Don't let my comments about him downplay how I feel about that motherfucker. He is obviously the root cause of everything and has been for 30+ years. I started a fucking boycott because if him. I think I have made it very clear how much I hate that man. But (mainly to maintain sanity) all I can desperately hold on to is that he will luck into a good HC and we will get back to winning consistently again. It's all I have now. If I didn't at least cling to the glimmer of hope I would have quit following the team by now.
 
You don't think he merited an interview?

I guess but what do you think he's accomplished? Quinn got to a conference championship in Washington and it's more than Cohen has ever done but wgaf. You can't just go by one year.

Meanwhile people shit all over McCarthy and he has ten times the resume.

Do you people really think Cohen would have come in here and won 13 games? Please.
 
Telling Aubrey to kick the ball through the back of the end zone has to be the most braindead decision I've seen in my entire life.

What are you worried about? Them running it back to the 50 and attempting a hail mary?

I'm fairly certain 7 seconds would've ran off the clock by the time they made it that far anyway.

That Aubrey would kick it so badly that they'd start at the 40?

So kicking it through the end zone avoids what? The possibility of running it back for a TD?

That sort of decision, even ignoring all of the other braindead shit he did today with the offense, tells me his brain isn't suited for being an NFL HC and it never will be.


Really really really horrendously dumb decision.
 
I dunno, they kicked two KOs out of bounds, got a field goal blocked, and didn't think to squib the last kickoff to burn time off the clock.
Those were all coaches decision, though. Yes, the execution was lacking on the knuckleballers that went out of bounds, but the HC ultimately is to blame for those decisions, IMO. The decision to kick it through the endzone and not squib kick had zero to do with players, and again, falls on the HC.
 
Back
Top Bottom