Texas Ace
I'll Never Dream Again
- Joined
- Apr 7, 2013
- Messages
- 28,143
That was the worst coached game since the GB playoff game, worst coached regular season game since Garrett probably.
Agreed.
That was the worst coached game since the GB playoff game, worst coached regular season game since Garrett probably.
That’s what I’d say. He was absolutely told (correctly) that if the first read is not there, throw it away. We had no timeouts left. You absolutely can not take a sack. You absolutely can not try to extend the play going to other reads for fear of a holding penalty. Ten second runoff with a penalty or a sack ends the game before we can attempt a tying FG.He probably told him "get it out early get it out early get it out early!"
So maybe that explains why Dak threw the ball so quickly there?
I didn’t even see this shit. I guess Aubrey is coached to do this multiple times in one game?

Shorter version: Dak feared a sack and panicked.
Throw it away even if you see an open receiver. Sure, Jan.Or he just did what his coach told him which was fucking dumb.
That’s what I’d say. He was absolutely told (correctly) that if the first read is not there, throw it away. We had no timeouts left. You absolutely can not take a sack. You absolutely can not try to extend the play going to other reads for fear of a holding penalty. Ten second runoff with a penalty or a sack ends the game before we can attempt a tying FG.
Yet we have morons blaming Dak for it. The problem lies with the play calling and the false start in that last sequence. But… Daaaak!!1! Durrrr
Throw it away even if you see an open receiver. Sure, Jan.
The good news:
![]()
No but throw it away if your first read isn't open does sound like something a fucking coach would say. And I'm assuming that first read was covered.
There's no good news, this team is cooked until Schottenheimer is gone and even then I'm sure Jerry will find a way to run a coaching search as demented as ever.
Thats the thing. If we were talking about Christian Parker I might say, young dude, first time play caller, he will get better.
But Schotty has been around for forever. And he is still making boneheaded decision. That's a guy who is just a bone headed.
I'm not mad, I just kind of feel bad for the players who I think got robbed by bad coaching.
You're not mad that we're in the exact same situation we were in during peak shitty Garrett years?
Jeez, how slow is your stream?7 fucking seconds and we choke again.![]()