2026 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Ravens @ Cowboys (Rio) | 09/27/2026

at least he's not delusional



I don't give a fuck what he has to say, he's been in the NFL for 25 years, around football all his life, son of one of the best coaches ever that hasn't won a SB, if he's making mistakes like what we saw today it's because his brain doesn't work the way it has to at this level.

The clock management before half and on the last drive was Garrett-level bad, the bullshit play calling to go along with it in those situations was the cherry on top.
 
I will add the Barhammer smiley in a bit. I'm too fucking pissed right now. And (this may sound stupid) it feels kinda good. At least now I have some passion for the team. I haven't been this mad at a loss in probably 12 or so years, tbh. It feels nice to not be completely ambivalent.
Speak for yourself. I am not mad. I just realize that ever getting sucked by this team is shameful. They do it every time.
 
I don't give a fuck what he has to say, he's been in the NFL for 25 years, around football all his life, son of one of the best coaches ever that hasn't won a SB, if he's making mistakes like what we saw today it's because his brain doesn't work the way it has to at this level.

The clock management before half and on the last drive was Garrett-level bad, the bullshit play calling to go along with it in those situations was the cherry on top.
the shorter amount of real estate we have to to work with, the more we struggle
 
Speak for yourself. I am not mad. I just realize that ever getting sucked by this team is shameful. They do it every time.

The issue is the same as it's always been, we have good to very good talent on paper. In the past we've had teams certainly talented enough to go to the NFCC and beyond.

The problem is that Jerry is a dysfunctional cretin who fosters a terrible environment/culture, and he's more than happy hiring flunkies as the HC, so the sum will always be less than the parts until he's gone, and maybe beyond.

It's hard to blame Schottenheimer, he is what he is, no other team in the league would've hired him as HC, but this one did because Jerry is a half demented loon.
 
The issue is the same as it's always been, we have good to very good talent on paper. In the past we've had teams certainly talented enough to go to the NFCC and beyond.

The problem is that Jerry is a dysfunctional cretin who fosters a terrible environment/culture, and he's more than happy hiring flunkies as the HC, so the sum will always be less than the parts until he's gone, and maybe beyond.

It's hard to blame Schottenheimer, he is what he is, no other team in the league would've hired him as HC, but this one did because Jerry is a half demented loon.

Exactly this.
 


I didn’t even see this shit. I guess Aubrey is coached to do this multiple times in one game?


I mean, isn't it obvious?

That's what I was arguing during the game -- is Aubrey at fault for the execution aspect of those knuckleballs? Yes.

But why on earth do they ask him to do it so often, and especially in this game after one already went out of bounds?

I just can't get over how bad the entire staff was today.
 
I'm not blaming Dak - - it's still Jerry's fault of course, because he makes the decisions. But I don't think this is going to change as long as Dak is here. If you listened closely last offseason, they hired Schottenheimer because they were going to force him as OC on whoever the head coach was, and then decided he interviewed so well, why not just make him head coach. But it still goes back to making Dak happy. That's why they were going to force BS as OC in the first place.

Which is totally bassackwards. Coaches coach and players play. Hire the best coach available and then let him hire his assistants and coach the players. Who cares if Dak is comfortable or buddies with him or not.

So even if you fired BS tomorrow, the first priority would be someone who makes Dak comfortable, then mishmash pieces around that. Which would probably end in basically the same results.
 
The issue is the same as it's always been, we have good to very good talent on paper. In the past we've had teams certainly talented enough to go to the NFCC and beyond.

The problem is that Jerry is a dysfunctional cretin who fosters a terrible environment/culture, and he's more than happy hiring flunkies as the HC, so the sum will always be less than the parts until he's gone, and maybe beyond.

It's hard to blame Schottenheimer, he is what he is, no other team in the league would've hired him as HC, but this one did because Jerry is a half demented loon.
Comfortable.
 


How do you overcoach that?

If you're paying your star 6-4 WR 27 million this year and even considering giving him one of the bigger WR contacts in the game, how do you not at least lob it up where he has a chance at it?
 
I'm not blaming Dak - - it's still Jerry's fault of course, because he makes the decisions. But I don't think this is going to change as long as Dak is here. If you listened closely last offseason, they hired Schottenheimer because they were going to force him as OC on whoever the head coach was, and then decided he interviewed so well, why not just make him head coach. But it still goes back to making Dak happy. That's why they were going to force BS as OC in the first place.

Which is totally bassackwards. Coaches coach and players play. Hire the best coach available and then let him hire his assistants and coach the players. Who cares if Dak is comfortable or buddies with him or not.

So even if you fired BS tomorrow, the first priority would be someone who makes Dak comfortable, then mishmash pieces around that. Which would probably end in basically the same results.
Mike Tomlin
 
I'm not blaming Dak - - it's still Jerry's fault of course, because he makes the decisions. But I don't think this is going to change as long as Dak is here. If you listened closely last offseason, they hired Schottenheimer because they were going to force him as OC on whoever the head coach was, and then decided he interviewed so well, why not just make him head coach. But it still goes back to making Dak happy. That's why they were going to force BS as OC in the first place.

Which is totally bassackwards. Coaches coach and players play. Hire the best coach available and then let him hire his assistants and coach the players. Who cares if Dak is comfortable or buddies with him or not.

So even if you fired BS tomorrow, the first priority would be someone who makes Dak comfortable, then mishmash pieces around that. Which would probably end in basically the same results.

This is partially true but Dak only has that leverage because Jerry and company allow it. Baltimore seemingly didn't give a fuck about consulting Jackson when they hired a Ben Johnson disciple to run their offense.
 
I mean, isn't it obvious?

That's what I was arguing during the game -- is Aubrey at fault for the execution aspect of those knuckleballs? Yes.

But why on earth do they ask him to do it so often, and especially in this game after one already went out of bounds?

I just can't get over how bad the entire staff was today.

That was the worst coached game since the GB playoff game, worst coached regular season game since Garrett probably.
 
Back
Top Bottom