2026 NFL Cuts/Signings/Trades/FA Thread

I wouldn't be so sure. Wentz isn't the only one they've pulled that off with.

No fucking chance, Wentz would've been MVP in 2017 if he didn't get hurt and I think that carried weight with people. Hurts has been a game manager for years and can barely throw for 150 a game now. Wentz's old OC just so happened to be a HC in need of a QB as well, that's not happening again either.

I could see them getting a 3, maybe a 2, but there's no chance it's a 1 unless it's like three years from now.
 
No fucking chance, Wentz would've been MVP in 2017 if he didn't get hurt and I think that carried weight with people. Hurts has been a game manager for years and can barely throw for 150 a game now. Wentz's old OC just so happened to be a HC in need of a QB as well, that's not happening again either.

I could see them getting a 3, maybe a 2, but there's no chance it's a 1 unless it's like three years from now.


Roseman has traded a QB from his active roster 5 times. Other than Flacco I would argue they got too much value for 4 of them.



2010 (Donovan McNabb): Eagles received: A 2010 second-round draft pick (No. 37 overall, used to draft safety Nate Allen) and a 2011 fourth-round pick.

2011 (Kevin Kolb): Eagles received: Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2012 second-round draft pick (No. 51 overall).

2016 (Sam Bradford): Eagles received: A 2017 first-round draft pick (used to draft defensive end Derek Barnett) and a 2018 conditional fourth-round draft pick (used to draft defensive end Josh Sweat).

2021 (Carson Wentz): Eagles received: A 2021 third-round draft pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that successfully converted into a first-round pick after Wentz hit playing-time triggers.

2021 (Joe Flacco): Eagles received: A conditional 2022 sixth-round draft pick.
 
Roseman has traded a QB from his active roster 5 times. Other than Flacco I would argue they got too much value for 4 of them.



2010 (Donovan McNabb): Eagles received: A 2010 second-round draft pick (No. 37 overall, used to draft safety Nate Allen) and a 2011 fourth-round pick.

2011 (Kevin Kolb): Eagles received: Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2012 second-round draft pick (No. 51 overall).

2016 (Sam Bradford): Eagles received: A 2017 first-round draft pick (used to draft defensive end Derek Barnett) and a 2018 conditional fourth-round draft pick (used to draft defensive end Josh Sweat).

2021 (Carson Wentz): Eagles received: A 2021 third-round draft pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that successfully converted into a first-round pick after Wentz hit playing-time triggers.

2021 (Joe Flacco): Eagles received: A conditional 2022 sixth-round draft pick.

Roseman always gets more in draft capital then he should during trades.

The only saving grace is that he fucks up the draft picks.
 
Roseman always gets more in draft capital then he should during trades.

The only saving grace is that he fucks up the draft picks.


Exactly. That's my basic point. If they trade Hurts I'm not going to be remotely surprised if they get way more than they should.

Hell, McNabb was benched and was clearly cooked, and they got a high 2nd (37th overall) plus a 4th.
 
Exactly. That's my basic point. If they trade Hurts I'm not going to be remotely surprised if they get way more than they should.

Hell, McNabb was benched and was clearly cooked, and they got a high 2nd (37th overall) plus a 4th.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a second round pick. And probably a high one at that for a team without a QB that's picking high in every round.

I'm just happy right now to see the Eagles falling apart in front of our eyes.
 
I still say he's not going to come up all aces forever. The next rebuild he'll probably draft some bust of a QB and they'll be stuck for years.
 
They already drafted a bust of a QB and yet...
That OL carried them. And they never shied away from stocking the defensive interior.

Really kept them competitive. And they maximized Hurts’ talent as a physically big dude. Once they added AJ and Saquon they created matchup problems any qualified NFL QB could take advantage of
 
Without their magic Oline coach I think the rebuild becomes much more challenging. Oline, RB, WR are a problem going forward.

This is a very underrated aspect of their decline. He was there since 2013 I believe and was the architect of what was really the foundation of the team that had a direct through line from 2017 to last year. Their offenses were always centered around the OL, which propped up average QB's with a strong running game and protection.

Johnson and Kelce, Peters and then Mailata replacing him, guys like Brandon Brooks and then later Dickerson. Stoutland was the connecting piece to all of that with the same sort of philosophy that spanned multiple HC's.

And then Sirianni alienated him by hiring this McVay wannabe dickhead Mannion and the whole thing has collapsed.

God bless.
 
Back
Top Bottom