2025 Season | Week 1 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Eagles | 9/4/2025

Who remembers back in the day the gameday thread would start and then we'd be let's get this thread up to X amount of posts before kickoff? Then we'd monitor the number of replies.

We were so lame.
"Were"? :unsure
 
Schottenheimer might be the biggest wildcard in this game.

None of us really know what to expect until he shows what he can be as a HC.

Yeah I don't see the point in reading much into the outcome either for this very reason. I expect extreme rust. Shotty may look like shit after game one but new staff all around is either going to be suprise sneak attack or totally unprepared. I think its going to take some time to get their sea legs in Dallas, so I expect a bad loss.
 
Like I said earlier in the week, I think it's either a surprise upset victory or we get the shit kicked out of us.

No in between.
I hate saying this, but I can almost see us getting some calls to keep it respectable. I'd pick the Eagles to win fairly comfortably, but I'm not sure the league wants to see a blowout on opening night with a national audience. So I could see it being at least somewhat competitive much of the night.
 
Who remembers back in the day the gameday thread would start and then we'd be let's get this thread up to X amount of posts before kickoff? Then we'd monitor the number of replies.

We were so lame.
Hi Tony.
 
Listening to some of the Fan replay this morning, Bobby Belt actually said Clark wouldn't be as good as Hankins was here.

I couldn't believe that. I thought if anyone was overrated it was Hankins here. By the time we got him, he was pretty average. I know that looked good compared to whoever we had before that, but I expect Clark to be significantly better than that.
 
Listening to some of the Fan replay this morning, Bobby Belt actually said Clark wouldn't be as good as Hankins was here.

I couldn't believe that. I thought if anyone was overrated it was Hankins here. By the time we got him, he was pretty average. I know that looked good compared to whoever we had before that, but I expect Clark to be significantly better than that.

No fucking chance.

I'm guessing Bobby Fagmo spent 12 minutes looking at PFF grades before he came to his conclusion, I know he didn't watch any all-22.
 
No fucking chance.

I'm guessing Bobby Fagmo spent 12 minutes looking at PFF grades before he came to his conclusion, I know he didn't watch any all-22.

Yeah not even in the same realm of players. Clark would have to fall off a cliff for that to happen.
 
Yeah I don't see the point in reading much into the outcome either for this very reason. I expect extreme rust. Shotty may look like shit after game one but new staff all around is either going to be suprise sneak attack or totally unprepared. I think its going to take some time to get their sea legs in Dallas, so I expect a bad loss.



Agree. Dak not getting any live game action in preseason pretty much guarantees a slow start for him.
 
Let the Bullshit Continue
 
Flipping around Roku, look at Florio's attire for today. :doh :mad

floriobitch.jpg
 
Eagles 34
Cowboys 17

They're the more talented team and they've had the benefit of operating in a stable, distraction free football environment.
 
Back
Top Bottom