2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of a bullshit year at the top, next year will have the legit studs but of course we're going to lose our higher slotted 1 to the Jets.
It is a dogshit year at the top, which to me is worse than bullshit.

You will see your usual overdrafting of QBs. Bad thing is, the LBers are so good, they do not seem likely to be within our grasp.
 
It is a dogshit year at the top, which to me is worse than bullshit.

You will see your usual overdrafting of QBs. Bad thing is, the LBers are so good, they do not seem likely to be within our grasp.

Fair, although who are you worried about being gone at LB?

Reese definitely won't be there but I expect at least one of Styles/Allen to be, if not both.
 
It is a dogshit year at the top, which to me is worse than bullshit.

You will see your usual overdrafting of QBs. Bad thing is, the LBers are so good, they do not seem likely to be within our grasp.

You say this every year. Literally every year. I in fact remember making the same comment to you last year.

As far as the LBers go I obviously have no idea how high some of these guys will go yet. Reese is going to be out of our reach. That's an easy one. But after him I'm not even sure who I would say the second LBer is. CJ Allen, Anthony Hill or Styles? And honestly I really like Golday but probably a little rich in the first.
 
You say this every year. Literally every year. I in fact remember making the same comment to you last year.

As far as the LBers go I obviously have no idea how high some of these guys will go yet. Reese is going to be out of our reach. That's an easy one. But after him I'm not even sure who I would say the second LBer is. CJ Allen, Anthony Hill or Styles? And honestly I really like Golday but probably a little rich in the first.

Last year was actually kind of shit in terms of legitimate potential HOF types. 2023 and 24 were stronger, and I think 2027 will be significantly stronger at least as far as the top 5-10.

Of course good to elite players come out of the top of every draft, but these last two have been pretty weak.

Like to me Hunter last year would've arguably been beneath Harrison Jr., Nabers and Odunze in 2024.
 
Last year was actually kind of shit in terms of legitimate potential HOF types. 2023 and 24 were stronger, and I think 2027 will be significantly stronger at least as far as the top 5-10.

Of course good to elite players come out of the top of every draft, but these last two have been pretty weak.

Like to me Hunter last year would've arguably been beneath Harrison Jr., Nabers and Odunze in 2024.

I think 2027 will be an awesome class. NCAA football landscape has just changed dramatically. Players are jumping all over the place. Guys who aren't first round picks will make more money by staying in college. All the great QB prospects for this class have not lived up to the hype. But now they are replaced by these one year studs.

It's just like every year. Strong in some spots and weak in others. But I think the way to evaluate college players has just changed. You're not going to see many 3 year starters at one school anymore.
 
Have they thought of taking that resistance rope off when he plays in actual games? Might explain his speed problems.
 
I know some don't like him but I think Barry is great. Lots of good stories here.

One of my favorites is when he told a bunch of scouts at the Hula Bowl that he had a sophomore who was a better QB talent than Jeff George, who of course was going to be the #1 overall pick. They all laughed at him and thought he was crazy. He was talking about Troy, of course, and he was right.

 
I know some don't like him but I think Barry is great. Lots of good stories here.

One of my favorites is when he told a bunch of scouts at the Hula Bowl that he had a sophomore who was a better QB talent than Jeff George, who of course was going to be the #1 overall pick. They all laughed at him and thought he was crazy. He was talking about Troy, of course, and he was right.


Barry is a great character and an all timer college coach. I loved his book.
 

I know the guy has just passed and all, but I have to question why this team would spend a second on a guy with these kind of mental issues that were on the record.
 
I know some don't like him but I think Barry is great. Lots of good stories here.

One of my favorites is when he told a bunch of scouts at the Hula Bowl that he had a sophomore who was a better QB talent than Jeff George, who of course was going to be the #1 overall pick. They all laughed at him and thought he was crazy. He was talking about Troy, of course, and he was right.




I’m a little over halfway through this right now and I’m amazed at how sharp he is at 88. My earliest football memories were rooting for those Sooner teams in the mid-70s with my dad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom