2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones when asked how often we're going to see all three DTs (Williams, Kenny Clark, Osa Odighizuwa) on the field at the same time: "I think you're gonna see it quite a bit."

 
Jones when asked how often we're going to see all three DTs (Williams, Kenny Clark, Osa Odighizuwa) on the field at the same time: "I think you're gonna see it quite a bit."



No shit, they're arguably our 3 best defensive players.

Glad these morons figured out that to stuff the run you need heavier formations and slightly tighter alignments, although the beauty of it is that even with bigger bodies on the field the pass rush should still be decent because Quinnen/Osa are one of the best pass rushing DT combos in the league.
 
So since it's been pretty dead in here... :unsure Do you guys think Eberflus comes back next year? Sure, it's just a guess right now, but what do you think...

It's pretty obvious Jerry doesn't want to fire him, but if we stay this bad I don't see how he has a choice.

I guess the worst possibility is we improve just enough for Jerry to keep him, then he sucks again next year.
 
So since it's been pretty dead in here... :unsure Do you guys think Eberflus comes back next year? Sure, it's just a guess right now, but what do you think...

It's pretty obvious Jerry doesn't want to fire him, but if we stay this bad I don't see how he has a choice.

I guess the worst possibility is we improve just enough for Jerry to keep him, then he sucks again next year.
Defense improves enough with Williams trade and Overshown back. Revel could contribute as well. Jerry's drinking buddy back next season.

Moxie infusion at LB could help too.
 
Defense improves enough with Williams trade and Overshown back. Revel could contribute as well. Jerry's drinking buddy back next season.

Moxie infusion at LB could help too.

I mean it depends on what happens the second half of the season. Frankly it's a hard no for me today. But if the defense is good the second half of the season I may cut him slack for another year of building on that. It takes time to build a defense and I'm not real excited to start over if this thing actually starts to work. But I'm not talking 25th best defense the second half of the season. I'm talking upper third.
 
So since it's been pretty dead in here... :unsure Do you guys think Eberflus comes back next year? Sure, it's just a guess right now, but what do you think...

It's pretty obvious Jerry doesn't want to fire him, but if we stay this bad I don't see how he has a choice.

I guess the worst possibility is we improve just enough for Jerry to keep him, then he sucks again next year.

Yes.

He's Jerry's handpicked guy.

The only chance that exists of him not coming back is if the defense is still as disastrous even with all the new additions to it, then MAYBE they'll consider it.

Otherwise, we're stuck.
 
I think it depends on his contract. There's a chance that he's gone if he's on a one year deal.

If he's on a multi year deal I'll be pretty surprised if he's not back. And he's not ancient so I highly doubt he'd be willing to accept the fake consultant role like Old Man Kiffin did.
 
So since it's been pretty dead in here... :unsure Do you guys think Eberflus comes back next year? Sure, it's just a guess right now, but what do you think...

It's pretty obvious Jerry doesn't want to fire him, but if we stay this bad I don't see how he has a choice.

I guess the worst possibility is we improve just enough for Jerry to keep him, then he sucks again next year.
It all depends on how the rest of the season goes. If they show signs of growth, of course he comes back. And I do not believe he is inept to the point that he cannot field a solid defense. Much of the talent is now there. Prove it.
 



He should have picked this one.


ceedee-cowboys.gif
 
So since it's been pretty dead in here... :unsure Do you guys think Eberflus comes back next year? Sure, it's just a guess right now, but what do you think...

It's pretty obvious Jerry doesn't want to fire him, but if we stay this bad I don't see how he has a choice.

I guess the worst possibility is we improve just enough for Jerry to keep him, then he sucks again next year.

I don't think he's back unless there's noticeable improvement over the last half of the season.

There's no chance he's back if the defense continues to look like one of the worst in franchise history 75% of the time.
 


If they lose tonight they should consider firing him at the end of the year.

They won't, but they should. The defense was it's usual embarrassing self in that game but I thought the coaching job by Schottenheimer was terrible from the sloppy offensive play to some of the decisions he made.
 
If they lose tonight they should consider firing him at the end of the year.

They won't, but they should. The defense was it's usual embarrassing self in that game but I thought the coaching job by Schottenheimer was terrible from the sloppy offensive play to some of the decisions he made.

With the added talent and 2 weeks to prepare if we lose he should be left in Vegas.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom