2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing worse than hiring a system coach with no plans to give him the players that can perform in that system.

Imagine how incompetent you have to be to hire a zone scheme DC with man to man CBs just because you like drinking with him.
Jerry values relationships, and Eb was a former Cowboy coach. That's all you need to know.
 
Nothing worse than hiring a system coach with no plans to give him the players that can perform in that system.

Imagine how incompetent you have to be to hire a zone scheme DC with man to man CBs just because you like drinking with him.
Be patient with your GM, bro!

AI Overview
1760918490144.png
1760918490166.png

NFL teams change general managers (GMs) with a high frequency, with the average tenure being as short as 2.1 years over the past five years, making it the lowest of the five major US sports leagues. This high turnover is concentrated in December and January, with many GMs hired during this offseason period. About 53% of franchises have changed their lead football executive, the GM or equivalent, in the last five years


_<_<

Eventually the Jones boys are gonna figure it out and the league will be sorry for it.
 
I'm glad our ownership is willing to commit to management long term.

This recent trend of hiring & firing before he even gets the chance to work through a couple generations of players and coaches is tiring.
 
 
Javonte Williams is second in the league in rushing. And he's third in the league in rushing TDs with 6.

(side note: We rightfully complained about being bankrupt at the running back spot for years now and yet of the top 3 rushers in the league, two of them have been on our roster in that time - since Rico Dowdle is the league's third leading rusher).
 
Also it's funny that we've gotten like no interceptions this year, and yesterday we finally get one, and it's yet another pick 6 for Daron Bland.
 
Also it's funny that we've gotten like no interceptions this year, and yesterday we finally get one, and it's yet another pick 6 for Daron Bland.

Man coverage and we harassed the QB into a panic. Amazing how that has worked for this defense since Bland came into the NFL bit our defensive coordinator couldn't get his head out of his ass.

I was so pissed on that play too because it should have been a sack like twice. It was like the ultimate cussing and thrilling play.
 


absent an injury or a Tolbert trade, he won't be getting on the field much. well done, Jerry.
 
Javonte Williams is second in the league in rushing. And he's third in the league in rushing TDs with 6.

(side note: We rightfully complained about being bankrupt at the running back spot for years now and yet of the top 3 rushers in the league, two of them have been on our roster in that time - since Rico Dowdle is the league's third leading rusher).

It's definitely funny how, dare I say...efficient they've been at RB.

I think we still need a competent RB2 pretty badly because we have literally nothing behind Williams. Maybe that's Mafah, maybe it's Blue if he can get his shit together, but I'd take a RB as high as the 2nd next year even if Williams is re-signed.

I don't think we necessarily need to take one that high, but I wouldn't be against it.
 
Javonte Williams is second in the league in rushing. And he's third in the league in rushing TDs with 6.

(side note: We rightfully complained about being bankrupt at the running back spot for years now and yet of the top 3 rushers in the league, two of them have been on our roster in that time - since Rico Dowdle is the league's third leading rusher).


I have zero complaints as far as he is concerned. Just wish we had someone who could spell him for about 7 carries a game that wouldn't be a huge drop-off. Mafah maybe?
 
It's definitely funny how, dare I say...efficient they've been at RB.

I think we still need a competent RB2 pretty badly because we have literally nothing behind Williams. Maybe that's Mafah, maybe it's Blue if he can get his shit together, but I'd take a RB as high as the 2nd next year even if Williams is re-signed.

I don't think we necessarily need to take one that high, but I wouldn't be against it.

It also looks easier when you have invested so heavily on the OL.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom