2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not going to see him this year.


I'll say it again, I don't think we should. I don't see much wisdom in throwing a promising rookie into this shit show without any offseason or training camp.
 
2 years of no football may be the kids death sentence if that's the case. It's one thing to sit out of football for a year. But he got hurt early in the season last year. So if he misses this entire year you might as well just chalk that up to a guy being toast. Most people can't go 2 years with no competitive football and just jump right back into things. That's too long.


I don't think he's toast but I don't think we can count on anything from him. We don't know how effective he'll be without seeing him on the field. And I definitely think he'd probably benefit much more from starting from scratch in the offseason than hoping he'll hit the ground running in November or December or whatever.
 
I don't think he's toast but I don't think we can count on anything from him. We don't know how effective he'll be without seeing him on the field. And I definitely think he'd probably benefit much more from starting from scratch in the offseason than hoping he'll hit the ground running in November or December or whatever.

I think he would benefit from competitive football even if it's practice. Not covering anyone for nearly 2 years sounds way scarier for me. I don't even give a shit if he takes a snap in a game. But if he is medically cleared I want him practicing and getting better.
 
I think he would benefit from competitive football even if it's practice. Not covering anyone for nearly 2 years sounds way scarier for me. I don't even give a shit if he takes a snap in a game. But if he is medically cleared I want him practicing and getting better.


Practicing I'd be ok with.
 
Jerry open to trading the firsts we got from the Parsons deal if we are in playoff position.

Go Washington.
 
Broaddus is pushing for us to hire Matt Patricia as DC.

Just thought that would help @boozeman have a happy Friday.
 
Broaddus is pushing for us to hire Matt Patricia as DC.

Just thought that would help @boozeman have a happy Friday.

He wouldn't be my first, second or third choice, but I'd literally take the Ohio St. defense (coaches and players) over what we have on the field right now.

It's that bad, and I'm not exaggerating.

With what I've seen from this shit group I'd actually roll the dice on the 7+ guys Ohio St. is going to have drafted next year from their defense, including at least 2-3, and maybe upwards of 4-5 1st rounders.
 
Some think Rex Ryan is campaigning for the job because he has a history with Schotty. Won't happen because he's too much of a big personality for Jerrah.
I think that creates a weird dynamic where your former underling is now your boss.
 
The Cowboys are already an ill-run circus, so is one ass backwards move more really gonna hurt?

We won't but right now I'll take any coach with an aggressive bone in his body. The whole defense is playing scared. Which is really bad. The only way that turns around is someone who will call an aggressive defense to sort of break the dam and give these guys some confidence.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom