2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why are we using Wilson like that? We have guys like Thomas or Bell who would be better when we want both guys deep.

Because when you want to have two safeties deep or disguise your coverage what do you do with Wilson? We refuse to pull him off the field. He is a team captain and coach favorite. He just doesn't really have a role in this defense unless they figure out some 3 safety stuff.
 
I think Booker is a great person and will be a very good player for us. I wish him a speedy recovery. But at the same time, I didn't notice any drop off with Bass at RG. I'm sure there were some difference but I'm not panicked on this one.


That's why I didn't want to draft a freaking guard in the first round.

I think Booker will be a good player but the impact just isn't there.
 
That's why I didn't want to draft a freaking guard in the first round.

I think Booker will be a good player but the impact just isn't there.

Yeah I honestly had the same thought. When a guy like Bass, an UDFA who has been with the team for a few years as a depth guy can step in and you don't see any big drop off, you have to sort of question the impact of using that top pick on a guard only player. I think our O-line coach is doing a masterful job (Or OC who was a former Oline coach). When you have that type of coaching on the O-line I really don't think you need 3 first round picks to make it work.
 
I think our O-line coach is doing a masterful job (Or OC who was a former Oline coach). When you have that type of coaching on the O-line I really don't think you need 3 first round picks to make it work.
Just like Adams did in AZ. I thought that was part of the point of hiring a really great OL coach, that he doesn't need first rounders all across the line.

Booker should be very good for a long time, just seems like we could have gotten a higher-impact position... especially on defense. Oh well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom