2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His second stint will be as successful as Zeke's.

I know he isn't that bad. Zeke was washed before he left Dallas. Cooper was probowl caliber with the Browns. Last year was the first head scratcher year. And he could be washed, but it's not Zeke washed. His 14.9 yards per catch and 62% completion percentage last year with the Bills tells me so.
 
Last edited:
It's so hard to trade back into the fourth round. Seems like that round kind of gets a premium most years. And for good reason, like I have mentioned before it seems like the fourth round has a lot of talent left that teams just overlooked on Day 2. Boards kind of get restacked and a lot of that talent suddenly goes in the fourth on Day 3.

Give away a 5th, fine with me. Sixth ok cool. But god dammit, stop giving away the fourth round picks.

Looking back 10 years (McClay’s tenure), our 4th round picks are on par, if not better, than our 3rd round players. Damn right Lance and looking like Mingo hurt us
 
Looking back 10 years (McClay’s tenure), our 4th round picks are on par, if not better, than our 3rd round players. Damn right Lance and looking like Mingo hurt us

They haven't been perfect by any means but guys like Pollard, Biadasz and Ferguson turned into pretty good starters out of the fourth round. Maybe not stars but you can find good starters there. Etienne is going to be the guy pointed out as the one we missed on in the fourth. But personally, if I could have that pick back it would have been Royals for me all day long. And it would have been viewed as an excellent pick.
 
I know he isn't that bad. Zeke was washed before he left Dallas. Cooper was probowl caliber with the Browns. Last year was the first head scratcher year. And he could be washed, but it's not Zeke washed. His 14.9 yards per catch and 62% completion percentage last year with the Bills tells me so.
Could be his playing style and Allen’s don’t match. Cooper runs the route right was Allen trying to throw him open instead of throwing the ball where it should be? I didn’t watch Buffalo much last year.
 
Could be his playing style and Allen’s don’t match. Cooper runs the route right was Allen trying to throw him open instead of throwing the ball where it should be? I didn’t watch Buffalo much last year.

Frankly I didn't either.
 


If they enter the season with the WR room the way it is, there will be complete bullshit.

All they have to do is close the wound decisively.


I think it's obvious that they're going to do something of note given that they were in trade talks for Pickens, it's just a matter of whether or not they drag their heels.
 


If they enter the season with the WR room the way it is, there will be complete bullshit.

All they have to do is close the wound decisively.


You just don't understand Mingo.

But yeah I think we do something at WR. It's just a question of what and how soon. I just hope they don't jeopardize future draft capital in the process and whatever WR we add actually has some tread left.
 
You just don't understand Mingo.

But yeah I think we do something at WR. It's just a question of what and how soon. I just hope they don't jeopardize future draft capital in the process and whatever WR we add actually has some tread left.
I understand how he was not in the best situations as a pro, to rely that much on that evaluation…that is hard to explain.
 
I understand how he was not in the best situations as a pro, to rely that much on that evaluation…that is hard to explain.

I mean the Panthers were not a good situation for a receiver. But for a team lacking weapons he couldn't even earn playing time there.
 
Frankly I didn't either.
Watch his Bills highlights…I’d say 75-80% of his catches were contested or simply Amari being in the right position to catch the ball. He wasn’t blowing by people, and he was mainly operating out of the slot. I’m not saying he’s washed but the speed doesn’t look to be there like we saw in Dallas.
 
Watch his Bills highlights…I’d say 75-80% of his catches were contested or simply Amari being in the right position to catch the ball. He wasn’t blowing by people, and he was mainly operating out of the slot. I’m not saying he’s washed but the speed doesn’t look to be there like we saw in Dallas.
Dak can still use a guy who is always where he is supposed to be.
 
Watch his Bills highlights…I’d say 75-80% of his catches were contested or simply Amari being in the right position to catch the ball. He wasn’t blowing by people, and he was mainly operating out of the slot. I’m not saying he’s washed but the speed doesn’t look to be there like we saw in Dallas.

Yeah I watched the highlights. Not sure if they are the same ones you watched. I couldn't get a good judge of his speed from them. A number of the throws were frankly into double coverage. Or a zone where the safety over the top was the one in coverage on the deep ball. Also Josh Allen was throwing a lot of flat deep throws to Amari as opposed to leading him down the field.

I will say this, most of the highlights I saw did not look like a lot of what Dallas did with Amari. I'm not sure if the Bills were trying to just use him as a deep threat or if he wasn't getting open on other routes and thus we don't see those in the "highlights" It's really hard to judge without seeing the "All 22" of every snap from the games. And frankly I probably wouldn't put that much effort into it unless the Cowboys actually signed the guy. Why waste that much time when he might not even be in real consideration in Dallas. I will say, the man came down with a high percentage of really difficult catches with the Bills. Even had a nifty little catch and pitch back to Allen. Odd looking but it worked.
 
You just don't understand Mingo.

But yeah I think we do something at WR. It's just a question of what and how soon. I just hope they don't jeopardize future draft capital in the process and whatever WR we add actually has some tread left.

I could live with giving up future capital if it’s for an Amari Cooper age 25 type.
 
Yeah I watched the highlights. Not sure if they are the same ones you watched. I couldn't get a good judge of his speed from them. A number of the throws were frankly into double coverage. Or a zone where the safety over the top was the one in coverage on the deep ball. Also Josh Allen was throwing a lot of flat deep throws to Amari as opposed to leading him down the field.

I will say this, most of the highlights I saw did not look like a lot of what Dallas did with Amari. I'm not sure if the Bills were trying to just use him as a deep threat or if he wasn't getting open on other routes and thus we don't see those in the "highlights" It's really hard to judge without seeing the "All 22" of every snap from the games. And frankly I probably wouldn't put that much effort into it unless the Cowboys actually signed the guy. Why waste that much time when he might not even be in real consideration in Dallas. I will say, the man came down with a high percentage of really difficult catches with the Bills. Even had a nifty little catch and pitch back to Allen. Odd looking but it worked.
He definitely made some tough catches in that reel I pulled up. And I agree, no need to worry about it if the Cowboys don’t sign him.

I guess I was just talking out loud thinking about the hypocrisy of bringing him back after losing 2 good years of the “Dallas Amari” and getting an Amari possibly on the downside of his career…which is the normal FO operating tactic and in the list of reasons we haven’t won shit in 30 years. We need young, hungry talent, not guys on the other side of their careers.

Would signing Amari be bad? No not necessarily but if given the opportunity I’d rather get a dynamic younger player to play opposite CeeDee.
 
He definitely made some tough catches in that reel I pulled up. And I agree, no need to worry about it if the Cowboys don’t sign him.

I guess I was just talking out loud thinking about the hypocrisy of bringing him back after losing 2 good years of the “Dallas Amari” and getting an Amari possibly on the downside of his career…which is the normal FO operating tactic and in the list of reasons we haven’t won shit in 30 years. We need young, hungry talent, not guys on the other side of their careers.

Would signing Amari be bad? No not necessarily but if given the opportunity I’d rather get a dynamic younger player to play opposite CeeDee.

But hey, Jerry saved money and we got Waletzko. What a deal.
 
It's just hilarious that we gave up more for Mingo than we got for Coop.

Playing chess while everyone else is GM'ing their football teams.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom