2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So aggressive, and yet selectively so...
 


Sure and I'd welcome him back. The problem is does a guy who was making 20 mil a season want to come back here for 5 mil? That's always a tough pill to swallow for a player. But given his age and injuries, he just isn't a top player anymore. I'm not going to pay him a bunch of money when I think there is a good chance he gets hurt again. And progress stopper is a dumb term but I want to give Kneeland a shot to take over his role and would want Lawrence to be more of a veteran role player.
 
Sure and I'd welcome him back. The problem is does a guy who was making 20 mil a season want to come back here for 5 mil? That's always a tough pill to swallow for a player. But given his age and injuries, he just isn't a top player anymore. I'm not going to pay him a bunch of money when I think there is a good chance he gets hurt again. And progress stopper is a dumb term but I want to give Kneeland a shot to take over his role and would want Lawrence to be more of a veteran role player.

Brandon Graham has been playing the last 2-3 years on deals averaging around 5-7 a year, so if Lawrence isn't willing to take that he can fuck all the way off.
 
Brandon Graham has been playing the last 2-3 years on deals averaging around 5-7 a year, so if Lawrence isn't willing to take that he can fuck all the way off.

And honestly I don't think he will get more than that from another team. But sometimes guys like Lawrence who were borderline probowl players need to go out in the market and see that for themselves. You see it with veterans all the time. They still see themselves as the players they were in their prime. And the team they are on can't really give them that dose of reality.

If he wants to come back and be Brandon Graham for us? Awesome, I'd be thrilled with it. It's make me feel a lot better about the DE room to have the insurance of Lawrence instead of just hoping we draft someone or that Kneeland and Sam Williams step up. But I'm not in Lawrences head. And I don't want to be in another Zeke Elliott situation where the guy was once good, thinks he is still good, rely on him like he is still the player he was and play him like he is the player he once was.

If he wants more than 5, I'd rather save the money and use it on a dude who is in his prime like Osa.
 
FWIW, just saw this video on the Florio story and I somehow hate him even more now. Guy comes off like a total douche. We knew that, but somehow he takes it to another level. I guess he thinks he's some kind of badass because he's "not 5-2"? :doh

 


Probably just a matter of time when there is this much smoke with Stephen and crew openly talking about it left and right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom