2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a fifth round pick I'd trade for Deebo. No brainer. Way more brains to do that trade than a fourth for a bum.
For a quickly aging guy that looks to be falling off fast along with his big price tag? No thanks.
 
Last edited:


We would barely save any cap and his base salary is only 9 mil. I think after 2025 would be the time to do it. Unless they don't think he will play in 2025. In which case he would have a large injury settlement coming. And no one is trading for a guy who will miss 2025 with an injury.

Basically I call bullshit.
 
Absolutely. Gambling on a great older player's health is a better use of a 5th round pick than a rookie that rarely makes an impact in the pros.


Kupp"s remaining base salaries are 12 & 14 million the next 2 seasons. I don't think that's a good use of resources for a team that clutches to every nickel they can for dear life,.unless Kupp does a pretty crazy turnaround in health and production.

As for giving up a 5th, I might be more inclined to give it up if we didn't foolishly squander our 4th on magic beans.

If Kupp gets cut that might change the equation.
 
For a fifth round pick I'd trade for Deebo. No brainer. Way more brains to do that trade than a fourth for a bum.
Deebo was fetid garbage in SF this year.

Nothing worse for the locker room than an ineffective vet who thinks he’s still an impact player.

Think Diggs but instead on offense
 
I guess it's better than 23/year.



I think that's a pretty big win once I started digging into the numbers around the league.

An AAV of $20/year is 14th in the league between Christian Barmore and Jonathan Allen, and the "AAV as a % of the cap" of 7.1% is 18th in the league between Ed Oliver and Dalvin Tomlinson.

I initially thought 20/year should be a hard cap for an extension but once I looked at the numbers I really thought it might get up to around $22 while being relatively reasonable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom