2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you told me I could in effect trade Micah for Crosby plus a first rounder -- with Crosby on a significantly cheaper contract -- I'd do that every time.

That’s an excellent point.
 
I'd have been fine with keeping Micah, recognizing our defense's weaknesses over the last couple years, and then addressing those shortcomings aggressively, especially in free agency but also in the draft...to build around the freak pass rusher I stumbled into drafting.
 
I will say that I actually think there's a good chance of something like this happening. Maybe not with Crosby, although he's as good a bet as anyone, but with some very good passrusher.

Why, because Jerry still loves his stars and doesn't mind paying them. The only thing that happened with Micah was 1) he asked for more money than he claimed he'd need, 2) Jerry got pissed at a player going back on his word and then attacking him in the media, 3) they had doubts about Micah's leadership and work ethic.

So I think this is a unique situation where Jerry could suddenly be seen as "winning" the Micah trade, where right now he's mostly seen by fans as losing it. And Jerry would love that.
 
I will say that I actually think there's a good chance of something like this happening. Maybe not with Crosby, although he's as good a bet as anyone, but with some very good passrusher.

No doubt it's possible. Jerry even has a history of this type of move from the Amari Cooper trade. Team that could go either direction and trading a first for an immediate impact player to get the team to the playoffs. I even understand it because we have arguably the best offense in the NFL. No one wants to waste that.

In the end we all would take Crosby. We are all really just guessing at compensation and what would be worth it. Crosby is a very good player. I just fucking hate our defensive scheme right now.
 
No doubt it's possible. Jerry even has a history of this type of move from the Amari Cooper trade. Team that could go either direction and trading a first for an immediate impact player to get the team to the playoffs. I even understand it because we have arguably the best offense in the NFL. No one wants to waste that.

In the end we all would take Crosby. We are all really just guessing at compensation and what would be worth it. Crosby is a very good player. I just fucking hate our defensive scheme right now.
If you hate it after last week, wait until you see what Sean Payton does to it.
 
I don't think Jerry would be that crazy because he knows that would immediately bring up the comp of, you traded Parsons for Crosby straight up and you're a retard for that.

Jerry dont care about that stuff. Jerry does what Jerry wants.
 
Jerry dont care about that stuff. Jerry does what Jerry wants.

Jerry cares about Joe fan who buys tickets, jerseys and parking passes perception of him is. He cares a lot about that. He doesn't want Joe fan to think he is an idiot. He wants to go in public and be a Rockstar with the average fan.
 
Jerry cares about Joe fan who buys tickets, jerseys and parking passes perception of him is. He cares a lot about that. He doesn't want Joe fan to think he is an idiot. He wants to go in public and be a Rockstar with the average fan.

The filled the seats after the Micah trade. They aren't going anywhere. They are still going to buy the merchandise. They still cheer him regardless.
 
The filled the seats after the Micah trade. They aren't going anywhere. They are still going to buy the merchandise. They still cheer him regardless.

Then why trade at all for a guy and pay more money this season? If the seats are full regardless and Jerry doesn't give a shit what fans think. Then Jerry has no reason to make any trade. Well unless you think Jerry truly cares about winning more than money.

But I disagree. I think Jerry cares the most about what people think of him. Its the ego and why Jimmy didn't win another Superbowl here. Jerry wants people to think he is brilliant.
 
But I disagree. I think Jerry cares the most about what people think of him. Its the ego and why Jimmy didn't win another Superbowl here. Jerry wants people to think he is brilliant.

Agree completely.

I think Jerry looks around the room at the other decrepit NFL owners and only sees Robert Kraft with more rings than he has. I think he's convinced himself that's pretty damned good for one lifetime.

And he might be right, so he should get the Hell out of the way and let a far hungrier person take over the team.
 
If Slater or one of these other hangers-on around the team doesn't refute this in the next 12 hours or so it probably has legs.

Who knows whether it'll happen or not but both the Pickens and Parsons trades had a good amount of smoke around them for a few days before they happened.
 
If Slater or one of these other hangers-on around the team doesn't refute this in the next 12 hours or so it probably has legs.

Who knows whether it'll happen or not but both the Pickens and Parsons trades had a good amount of smoke around them for a few days before they happened.

I fully believe we called. The only thing we don't know is if the Raiders are open to it and what their price would be. They should be open to it. Their team stinks and lacks talent. But they obviously really like Crosby and so you have no idea what their response to a Dallas call was or would be.
 
Where there's smoke there's fire. We're definitely fishing around for a big swing I think.



I love Jeffrey Simmons but I don't see us making that move. Only because we paid Osa. And Jeffrey Simmons would play Osa's spot. And I don't think they will be ok with paying Osa to rotate in at DT. But still Simmons and Clark starting with Osa being your third DT does sound pretty awesome.

DE just makes a ton more sense. I'm not sure the Bengals are ready to deal Hendrickson yet either. I really think they believe they can hang in there with Flacco and give themselves a shot late in the season for the playoffs. I don't know that they would sell on one of their best defensive players right now. Especially if there is a chance Joe Burrow could return late in the year. So ultimately, Crosby seems to be the most obvious fit. And I feel like his name was mentioned weeks ago as a possibility. So I kind of feel like there is some love in the organization for the player.
 
Where there's smoke there's fire. We're definitely fishing around for a big swing I think.


If he didn't just suffer a month-long injury (hopefully not in any case), Jeffery Simmons would be a very interesting trade indeed. Would be worth another 3rd or 4th for sure, I think.

Thing is, what do you do with Osa then? Admit we suck at drafting, re-signing, and over-paying DT's?

I'd explore a strong rotation and position flex for Osa at LDE.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom