2025 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares about if he makes it a show or not when the results will be the same.
 
Who cares about if he makes it a show or not when the results will be the same.

Maybe, but all else being equal I think we have a better chance of winning when the owner isn't purposely stoking chaos. Every great NFL coach would tell you that one of their main goals is minimizing distractions, Jerry literally thinks the distractions surrounding the team are a good thing.

It isn't the main reason for the last 30 years but it sure as hell is part of it.
 
Maybe, but all else being equal I think we have a better chance of winning when the owner isn't purposely stoking chaos. Every great NFL coach would tell you that one of their main goals is minimizing distractions, Jerry literally thinks the distractions surrounding the team are a good thing.

It isn't the main reason for the last 30 years but it sure as hell is part of it.

It was and still is.

I just think Stephen is own brand of stupid. Its just a matter of how you want to look while being irrelevant.
 
Who cares about if he makes it a show or not when the results will be the same.


I think it creates an atmosphere not conducive to winning, creates animosity with their best players, and prioritizes money and ego instead of team building.
 
I think it creates an atmosphere not conducive to winning, creates animosity with their best players, and prioritizes money and ego instead of team building.

What I was getting at is I dont think it will matter. You can do all of that stuff and Stephen will fuck it up in different ways.

May be different but I believe its going to be the same results.
 
What I was getting at is I dont think it will matter. You can do all of that stuff and Stephen will fuck it up in different ways.

May be different but I believe its going to be the same results.

I'll always pick the slightly unknown over the known failure. At least with Stephen it's different and you don't know the results of that yet.
 
I'll always pick the slightly unknown over the known failure. At least with Stephen it's different and you don't know the results of that yet.

I think we do know, though. I think Stephen has basically been running it for several years now. Just too much change from open pocketbook to penny pinching for Stephen not to be.


Just a matter of if you think he will change without Jerry being Jerry. I dont.
 
Rev's motto

depositphotos_120483020-stock-photo-abandon-all-hope-ye-who.jpg
 
I do agree with Simp and C-rock, though. Jerry has really inserted himself again the last two years, almost like he had to remind everyone who was the big boss around here, and maybe it's not a coincidence things seem pretty wheels-off since then.

Not that Rosie is going to be some great GM all of a sudden, because he is a cheap bastard. But at least he might not relish the intentional circus that his old man loves.
 
I do agree with Simp and C-rock, though. Jerry has really inserted himself again the last two years, almost like he had to remind everyone who was the big boss around here, and maybe it's not a coincidence things seem pretty wheels-off since then.

Not that Rosie is going to be some great GM all of a sudden, because he is a cheap bastard. But at least he might not relish the intentional circus that his old man loves.
He's gonna win his way, baby!!!

By adding to the bottom line.
 
He's gonna win his way, baby!!!

By adding to the bottom line.

He's definitely going to be cheap, but he's been cheap for a while now.

All we really need is for him to not care about the limelight and take a step back. We've already seen it with McClay to an extent, if he can take that a step further once Jerry is dead we might be in good shape.
 
Basically. Rosie doesnt deserve the benefit of the doubt.
You're right, he doesn't.

But let us have a little glimmer of hope, wouldja?
 
You're right, he doesn't.

But let us have a little glimmer of hope, wouldja?

Ok. I will step back with the DFDCering but I reserve the right to occasionally note who is getting sucked in.

Carry on.
 
Not that Rosie is going to be some great GM all of a sudden, because he is a cheap bastard. But at least he might not relish the intentional circus that his old man loves.

I mean Stephen could be worse in a different way. I think the man is very cheap and risk adverse. I also think he has very little football or business knowledge. Which is amazing for a guy who has grown up in the football business. But it's like a backup QB when your starter is shit. The unknown is just more appealing then the guy you know doesn't work.
 
I mean Stephen could be worse in a different way. I think the man is very cheap and risk adverse. I also think he has very little football or business knowledge. Which is amazing for a guy who has grown up in the football business. But it's like a backup QB when your starter is shit. The unknown is just more appealing then the guy you know doesn't work.

I don't think Jerry is doing anything positive right now, in the past you could say he was aggressive making moves and reliable in extending our stars.

Now he's just a distraction.

So when he's gone it'll just be more of the same that were saying right now except without the distractions, so not great, but still better.
 
Ok. I will step back with the DFDCering but I reserve the right to occasionally note who is getting sucked in.

Carry on.

What if Rosie is so bad he goes full Dan Snyder and has to sell the team. The possibilities are endless. Maybe worse eventually leads to better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom