2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure skipping most of the practice reps during the week helped him take the field on Sundays. But at what cost? I think Tyron not being able to take physical reps during the week screwed with the OL's continuity to some degree during the actual games.

I also agree with this. Continuity is huge on an O-line. It's almost like a choreographed dance where everyone has to move in harmony with each other. Having one guy basically not practice and just show up on game day is less than ideal.
 
This is shocking to me but it's kind of nice to know where we're going in the first round now. I would imagine this means they'll re-sign Biadasz because going into the draft with two glaring holes on the OL doesn't seem like a great idea.
It does make you think that there's a chance they try to follow the blueprint of the 2014 season. I know quite a few people have floated the idea that if they insist on sticking with Dak for a few more years, they are better off making him a complimentary player.

Loading up on OL talent is step 1 in the process.
 
It does make you think that there's a chance they try to follow the blueprint of the 2014 season. I know quite a few people have floated the idea that if they insist on sticking with Dak for a few more years, they are going to have to make him a complimentary player.

Loading up on OL talent is step 1 in the process.

I mean a bad ass run game would certainly help Dak. Our oline used to be so good. All day to throw, knocking dudes backwards in the run game. It was great. I'm all for more of that. And hell maybe we draft a guard and move Bass to center. Lots of moving parts up front. Which is why we did formals with centers, guards and tackles. Plus there are just a lot of potential first round Olineman when you look at this draft. WR and Oline are the two best positions in my opinion.
 
It does make you think that there's a chance they try to follow the blueprint of the 2014 season. I know quite a few people have floated the idea that if they insist on sticking with Dak for a few more years, they are better off making him a complimentary player.

Loading up on OL talent is step 1 in the process.
Where've you been, man?

But that is the only thing that might work with Dak IMO... but it's tough when that complementary player QB is getting a humongous contract.
 
By cutting a future HOFer after an excellent season? That's not what loading up on OL talent looks like.

I think it does....if the plan is to get a healthier, stronger run blocker in place of him.
 
It's the offseason. I'm not into the combine and pro days anymore.

I've been in NBA mode.
What's the deal with these European whites? They are making me question everything I thought I knew about basketball.
 
What's the deal with these European whites? They are making me question everything I thought I knew about basketball.
Fundamentals.

European player have the fundamentals drilled into them at a young age. Their practice sessions are heavily focused on the basics and skill development. From my understanding they practice 3-4 times per week and only play 1 or 2 games per week.

In the United States it's pretty much the complete opposite. Our young players in high school and AAU are overly reliant on athleticism....skill development takes a backseat. I've seen stories describing the AAU circuit as a system where teams only practice once a week (if that) while cramming 5 or 6 games in over the weekend. And the practice sessions they do have are usually just scrimmages with no focus on fundamentals.
 
I also agree with this. Continuity is huge on an O-line. It's almost like a choreographed dance where everyone has to move in harmony with each other. Having one guy basically not practice and just show up on game day is less than ideal.
Well when the player only shows up on Sunday but does not practice the timing has to get impacted.
 
  • Props
Reactions: p1_

13 games was a miracle.


My guess is the Cowboys probably wanted him back but at another prove it sort of deal. Tyron's agent probably said that he proved he can stay healthy last year and wants a standard 15+ mil deal. And the Cowboys probably just decided it was best to move on at that point.

You can't rely on Tyron playing 13 games or more. Go spend that money on a LBer or DT that you can reliably say will start all season.
 
Tyron always gave us team friendly deals, so I'm not surprised he'd want one last payday as big as possible.
 
Tyron always gave us team friendly deals, so I'm not surprised he'd want one last payday as big as possible.
Yup, this is nail on head I'd imagine.

Hopefully, he can get one last payday on a contending team protecting an assassin QB like Joe Burrow. Keep him healthy and he can challenge Mahomes.
 
My guess is the Cowboys probably wanted him back but at another prove it sort of deal. Tyron's agent probably said that he proved he can stay healthy last year and wants a standard 15+ mil deal. And the Cowboys probably just decided it was best to move on at that point.

You can't rely on Tyron playing 13 games or more. Go spend that money on a LBer or DT that you can reliably say will start all season.

Yea but they actually aren't going to spend that money externally.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom