I agree with everybody saying that losing 7 in a row is an indictment on Garrett's coaching ability, or inability to galvanize this team enough to pull one god damned win out of their ass over 2 months. When Romo went down I said give me 4-5, and if we were 4-5 we'd honestly be in the driver's seat, hell if we were 3-6 I think I'd still pick us to win the division, but these fools couldn't even pull one damn game out of their ass without Romo there to save them and it says alot.
To me Garrett is a no-value add in terms of providing anything tangible on the field, he is just along for the ride. We have a top 10 QB, an elite WR, an elite OL and a defense that can do well enough when they have the offense giving them leads most of the time. Last year we rode a streak of good health and good fortune in terms of turnovers to a 12-4 record, as well as a breath of fresh air in terms of play-calling with Linehan. If we were healthy I think we'd be 7-2, no worse than 6-3 and probably on our way to winning the division again, but I really don't think that has much to do with Garrett.
All he does is talk in platitudes and try to create a theoretical atmosphere that he has in his mind, there is nothing wrong with that necessarily, but to me that's all he really does, aside from providing a copacetic atmosphere for the front office to live with as they come to "consensus" decisions.
Garrett is not exactly a bad head coach, he's just not a good one, he just seems to be there, not really doing much of anything. With that said, he deserves to be fired for this travesty, although he won't because the front office will want to give Romo another chance for a year or two before he's done and they probably think there's no point to starting over with a new head coach just yet.
We'll probably end up with 6 or 7 wins, just enough to put us at the back end of the top 10.