Would you take Derek Carr as a Cowboy?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah this QB group could have a lot of movement still. Right now the top 3 QBs I think are Herbert, Lock and Finley but we all know that could change a ton. Grier is in the mix to jump into that group. I know some think Stidham could be a first, but I don't see it.
Ive seen Stidham a bit and Im not impressed as far as being a sure thing franchise guy. Maybe he had too much hype during recruiting so the results dont really match the hype. Grier is really the only guy that I have seen so I may not have all the facts needed to correctly choose.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive seen Stidham a bit and Im not impressed as far as being a sure thing franchise guy. Maybe he had too much hype during recruiting so the results dont really match the hype. Grier is really the only guy that I have seen so I may not have all the facts needed to correctly choose.
Lock looks beastley sometimes but then he faces teams like Georgia and Alabama and looks like shit. But that whole Missouri roster is just so outmatched in those games it's hard to tell. But if you want a guy with a super strong arm who can scramble he is your guy.

Herbert I've watched a little of and I'm not sure I get it. Their offense is goofy though. It's just so much read option run the ball. I'd like to see him just sling it more.

I haven't seen Finley live. Looks like a very accurate passer with a good but not great arm. A little Matt Ryan like to me. Obviously a poor man's Matt Ryan but just the physical makeup.

Top Bottom