Would you take Derek Carr as a Cowboy?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Would rather use those resources to move up for Grier if needed.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I'm concerned we won't even pursue a QB I the first round. Even if we end up selecting in the top ten

GShock

DCC 4Life
Aren’t his stats over the last 8 games almost identical to Dak’s?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
If he was released, which probably isn't happening, maybe. He would be an upgrade over Prescott.

GShock

DCC 4Life
My bad. Last 23

Rev

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah. I picked the wrong week to put his name up there. Just a bad night for him but Im still a fan.
Yeah none of the top QBs looked great. Lock was going against Alabama though. And I thought Herbert was meh against Washington. Didn't see NC State play.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I haven't kept up with the details of the Oakland situation, but is Gruden just that big of a hot mess? First he runs off Mack, now Carr?

Carr may not be the greatest but he's pretty talented. If you move him and draft someone else, chances are they won't be any better.

Rev

Staff member
West Virginia QB. I don't think he would require a move up.
Well most thought Mayfield was a 2nd/3rd round pick (at least that's what I saw somewhere) but he climbed. I dont necessarily think he is a top 5 pick.

Anyways I'm pretty sure Lostxn post was a sarcastic one due to Grier having a performance that makes Dak look competent last night.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well most thought Mayfield was a 2nd/3rd round pick (at least that's what I saw somewhere) but he climbed. I dont necessarily think he is a top 5 pick.

Anyways I'm pretty sure Lostxn post was a sarcastic one due to Grier having a performance that makes Dak look competent last night.
Yeah this QB group could have a lot of movement still. Right now the top 3 QBs I think are Herbert, Lock and Finley but we all know that could change a ton. Grier is in the mix to jump into that group. I know some think Stidham could be a first, but I don't see it.

Top Bottom