Will the Cowboys win another Super Bowl in your lifetime?

Puttyism

♡☆
Hard call. But then again us fans were spoiled with the 5 they have which just caused fans wanting more.

Jarhead

DCC 4Life
I highly doubt I will live long enough to see another championship. Future Jones spawn might not want to run the team the same eff'd up way Jerry and Stephen do, so there could eventually be some hope, but who the hell knows how far in the future that might be?

p1_

DCC 4Life
LOL...... Let's just say I was 30 when Dallas played in Super Bowl 30.
our window is closing, not a lot of time left to wait for a return to glory.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
our window is closing, not a lot of time left to wait for a return to glory.
I think the window was closed the whole time we thought it was open. Just really clear glass.

Now find some foundational DL folks to complement Parsons and an OT and OG, and we can get a new window

p1_

DCC 4Life
Stephen Jones is the de facto face of FO ineptitude. He literally anchors the team in roster mediocrity by steadfastly refusing to participate in free agency beyond signing fringe second team and special teams level contributors. The architect of the Olawale Doctrine, as it has come to be called by those who know.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Stephen Jones is the de facto face of FO ineptitude. He literally anchors the team in roster mediocrity by steadfastly refusing to participate in free agency beyond signing fringe second team and special teams level contributors. The architect of the Olawale Doctrine, as it has come to be called by those who know.
I applauded his effort years ago, just to get his hands around the whole situation and getting the cap numbers back to a workable level.

Maybe he needs to be told that the point in participating in the NFL is to win...not just stay under a cap.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I applauded his effort years ago, just to get his hands around the whole situation and getting the cap numbers back to a workable level.

Maybe he needs to be told that the point in participating in the NFL is to win...not just stay under a cap.
I think he has helped get the draft under control too.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I think he has helped get the draft under control too.
Absolutely, and it helps that he has a great resource in Will McClay to break it down for him.

If they would ever put someone in place to help him with Free Agency, maybe we'll have a chance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely, and it helps that he has a great resource in Will McClay to break it down for him.

If they would ever put someone in place to help him with Free Agency, maybe we'll have a chance.
That's exactly right. I think he has mostly turned the keys in the draft over to McClay and the scouts and Jerry has taken a back seat there. We just need Stephen to take a step back from free agency and contract negotiations but I don't see that happening. Jerry and Stephen get too personally invested in the players on the roster.

I just hope that once Jerry dies maybe Stephen loses a bit of interest and take a step back. I don't think he is like his dad in that he feels like he needs to be hands on with everything. It's why he delegates fucking contract negotiations to some peon.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That's exactly right. I think he has mostly turned the keys in the draft over to McClay and the scouts and Jerry has taken a back seat there. We just need Stephen to take a step back from free agency and contract negotiations but I don't see that happening. Jerry and Stephen get too personally invested in the players on the roster.

I just hope that once Jerry dies maybe Stephen loses a bit of interest and take a step back. I don't think he is like his dad in that he feels like he needs to be hands on with everything. It's why he delegates fucking contract negotiations to some peon.
Right, with Jerry out of the picture Stephen will be depended on more as the face of operations rather than actually doing the work.

All about getting the right guy in place, though...which grandkid is gonna be the one?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
All about getting the right guy in place, though...which grandkid is gonna be the one?
Let's hope it's the one that's playing college football right now, maybe learning a little about the game. And not Spaulding, who's done nothing but leech off grandpa and learn how to look like an idiot in front of a camera.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Let's hope it's the one that's playing college football right now, maybe learning a little about the game. And not Spaulding, who's done nothing but leech off grandpa and learn how to look like an idiot in front of a camera.
Sorry, that guy's gonna be our 1st round pick next year.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom