Why are you a Cowboys fan?

Corso

DCC 4Life
My dad was the most hard core fan I’ve ever met. Once he shot the antenna off of the tower with his shotgun after a loss. Another time he kicked a hole in the side of the console TV with his boot.
That is hardcore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess the best way I can describe it is that since I grew up in Arizona for a slice of my childhood, I got every game,

I was always a Staubach mark. I thought he was the coolest motherfucker there was. Then Tony Dorsett. And finally bad asses like Randy White, Harvey Martin and Too Tall Jones made me a fan.

We had a sense of greatness back then. An unwavering intolerance for failure and losing.

We got that organizational vibe again briefly in the early 1990s. I was close to not giving a shit when that happened.

Since? It has been pathetic. Yet here is my masochistic ass back year after year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
+T-l

I love Middie. But this new sanctimonious slant he has taken is a bit annoying.
You ever have a friend that literally likes no team and then just talks mad shit about the teams all his friends like? They are annoying because they claim to like nothing so you don't even get to give the shit back? Welp...

And yet Tennessee of all teams he still lives and dies for...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't root for my alum.
They're a California school.
I'm just glad I got what I wanted and moved the Hell on.
My alum didn't have a football team when I was there. They got it back in 2013 since an absence since the 1940s.

I don't give a shit since it is not relevant to me.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
My alum didn't have a football team when I was there. They got it back in 2013 since an absence since the 1940s.

I don't give a shit since it is not relevant to me.
You had the Annapolis "scholarship," right?

p1_

DCC 4Life
I was always a Staubach mark. I thought he was the coolest motherfucker there was. Then Tony Dorsett. And finally bad asses like Randy White, Harvey Martin and Too Tall Jones made me a fan. We had a sense of greatness back then. An unwavering intolerance for failure and losing.
this was my experience, rooting my psyche deeply in the Cowboys winning tradition. Jerry has shat on that tradition and held my fandom hostage for too long. My support and interest are starting to wane.

midswat

... soon
hen find another board to trolll.
hen make me

You ever have a friend that literally likes no team and then just talks mad shit about the teams all his friends like? They are annoying because they claim to like nothing so you don't even get to give the shit back? Welp...

And yet Tennessee of all teams he still lives and dies for...
Claiming I don’t have a team so I can talk shit to you guys but you can’t talk shit back to me? Then acknowledging Tennessee is the team I’m a fan of. I root for a dumpster fire CFB team that breaks my heart every year. You all have plenty of ammo to talk shit about them - and many of you have.

I don't think he's an alum, either.
You have to be an alum to root for a college team?

I guess going to middle school and high school just outside of Knoxville and developing an affinity for the home town team was enough. My bad. Guess I’ll cancel my season tickets.

Last edited:

EmmittStaubach

Homicidal Amish Comedian
I grew up a Cowboy fan. Staubach, Landry, Lilly, Hayes, Pearson, Renfro, etc., then Emmitt, Aikman, Irvin, etc.

I loved the uni’s, the stories, heritage, nicknames, etc., etc…

I’m not happy with the SB drought, but I don’t let it consume me, and apologize to no one. Life is short. Have fun before it’s too late.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. We are not friends. I like a lot of the 7 members who post here but not you. I hope this news doesn’t lead to another cuck post in your im sads thread - but I’d hate for their to be confusion on what kind of a relationship this is. I’m a shit talker and you’re an easy mark.
Nah was referring to you and Booze being friends. My feelings aren't hurt. I read I'm aware.

Top Bottom