Why are you a Cowboys fan?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My dad and my uncle passed it down to me.

Long story short, they both came to the states from El Salvador in the 70s. First my dad in 74 then my uncle in 75.

They shared a tiny 1 bedroom apartment together with a small black and white TV that only picked up a few channels with one of those channels being CBS which showed most of the Cowboys games.

So even though the Oilers were the local team here in Houston, my uncle liked the star on the side of the helmet so he chose the Cowboys and my dad followed suit.

By the time I was born in 80, they had become die hard fans who had witnessed the Cowboys play in multiple SBs and even winning the one in 77.

So while my interest in this team isn't anywhere near what it once was, there's just too much family history in this thing and too many great memories from my adolescence that are attached to the Cowboys for me to give up them up entirely.

I just tune them out for long stretches at a time when I'm really frustrated or annoyed by them.

p1_

DCC 4Life
My dad and my uncle passed it down to me.

Long story short, they both came to the states from El Salvador in the 70s. First my dad in 74 then my uncle in 75.

They shared a tiny 1 bedroom apartment together with a small black and white TV that only picked up a few channels with one of those channels being CBS which showed most of the Cowboys games.

So even though the Oilers were the local team here in Houston, my uncle liked the star on the side of the helmet so he chose the Cowboys and my dad followed suit.

By the time I was born in 80, they had become die hard fans who had witnessed the Cowboys play in multiple SBs and even winning the one in 77.
You know they won a SB before ‘77.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You know, 2002 should have been an all timer of a draft of you go on just the talent alone.

Roy Williams was damn good for 4 seasons until he got lazy and fat.

Andre Gurode was a borderline probowler who had a long and productive NFL career.

Derek Ross and Antonio Bryant could have and should have been at their respective positions what Gurode was... Maybe even better.

But the latter two were idiots so they were off the team within 2 years and im Ross's case, out of the league altogether.

But just going on the talent alone, those 4 could all play. It's just a shame they didn't maximize their potential and play many years for us.

I’ve been a cowboys fan since I knew what football was … I grew up in NJ 10 minutes from Giants ( now MetLife ) stadium in a Giants household . My grandmother and grandfather lived downstairs both Giants fans . My mother and 3 sisters all Giants fans . My father , however , was a cowboys fan.. thus I am . I adore the football lore that is the Dallas Cowboys .. this team stands for greatness that has lasted for years .. my son is 10 now and damn fuckin right he’s a cowboys fan …

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We are all wanting to know which game had you going crazy like that?
I still don't get it because I never said anything about me going crazy in a game????

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I still don't get it because I never said anything about me going crazy in a game????
After putting a lot of thought into this, I think he is making fun of your height.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
After putting a lot of thought into this, I think he is making fun of your height.
:lol

No shit.... But I don't see how that's in any way relevant to anything that was said in this thread.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

No shit.... But I don't see how that's in any way relevant to anything that was said in this thread.
He is random, bro. Reminds me of my 16 year old with Downs. :unsure

Cotton

Staff member
:tippytoe

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Either Duece or Carp introduced that gif to the board years ago and referenced you saying that they found Ace at a game.

Both of you guys need to take a lap.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Either Duece or Carp introduced that gif to the board years ago and referenced you saying that they found Ace at a game.

Both of you guys need to take a lap.
Oh, I remember it perfectly.

But you don't understand.... It still has nothing to do with the discussion.

I didn't even mention attending a game. So again, I have no idea what that has to do with anything that had been said previously.

Top Bottom