Why are you a Cowboys fan?

midswat

... soon
No, seriously…. Why do you root for this more fucked up than a bag of dead babies organization?

midswat

... soon
~stomp stomp~
Last time someone “~stomp stomp’d~” a thread I made it was an active thread for weeks and a month later still remains on your main page.

just sayin….

shoop

Semi-contributing member
It’s a sickness really. I have tried rooting for other teams and it feels wrong. I still root for the team but the emotional attachment fades each year.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I woke up screaming this morning.

Parcells was hired just a little over 6 years after Dallas' last Super Bowl win.

It has now been 15 years since Parcells left Dallas.

Hey baby, you awake yet?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I woke up screaming this morning.

Parcells was hired just a little over 6 years after Dallas' last Super Bowl win.

It has now been 15 years since Parcells left Dallas.

Hey baby, you awake yet?
Gosh it doesn't feel that way at all. Feels like the opposite. Like we were awful forever and Parcells came in and fixed shit. And it feels like him fixing shit wasn't that long ago.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I’ll never forget watching his intro PC and how excited I was for our future.

:doh
They were the best press conferences.

Where I first heard the now sickeningly-overused, "Hey, it is what it is!"

midswat

... soon
So... why do you?
I don’t. Not anymore. Literally root for them to lose. My hate for the Jones family circus utterly killed my once impenetrable love for this team.

I was a ride or die through 5-11 campo years but Jerry’s insistence on being GM, his lip smack grin where he tries to tell people Dallas has an advantage with him in that position, his way too long loyalty to the in way over his head Garrett, that train wreck of a stadium with a Victorias Secret and hearing about how Gene Jones picks out the artwork, his tranny looking daughter, dip shit looking grand kids, and seemingly equally egotistical and out of touch son Stephen.

The only thing I enjoy about Cowboys games is the camera shots of the owners booth as the team invariably loses an important game in embarrassing fashion.

Corso

DCC 4Life
Myself? I was 3 years old when my father had a fatal work-related accident. It was the late 70's.
My mother was devastated and had to find work in the tiny, tiny town of Ingleside, TX to support her 3 children.

My brother and sister were 10 and 11 years older than me and they were always gone. The only person that would come around and take care of me was this 80-something year old man who had his driver's license taken away by his daughter so he would ride his bicycle to our trailer and make sure I was okay (I remember it was the mayor of Ingleside that would pick me up from pre-school because no one else would/could).

He was the one that made Sunday's Cowboys day and we would sit, he would give me a stick of spearmint gum and he would explain football to me while watching his beloved Dallas Cowboys. They then became my beloved Cowboys.

To me it was the time of my life and still some of the most wonderful memories I still look fondly upon.
Old Mr. Campbell riding up on his bike and his sneaking me a stick of gum, lol and Cowboy's football.

He died a few years later and I carried on the tradition of Cowboy's Sunday to this day.
Both in honor of him and I just became a fan that won't stop being a fan.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Gosh it doesn't feel that way at all. Feels like the opposite. Like we were awful forever and Parcells came in and fixed shit. And it feels like him fixing shit wasn't that long ago.
Mediocre is how we roll.

midswat

... soon
Myself? I was 3 years old when my father had a fatal work-related accident. It was the late 70's.
My mother was devastated and had to find work in the tiny, tiny town of Ingleside, TX to support her 3 children.

My brother and sister were 10 and 11 years older than me and they were always gone. The only person that would come around and take care of me was this 80-something year old man who had his driver's license taken away by his daughter so he would ride his bicycle to our trailer and make sure I was okay (I remember it was the mayor of Ingleside that would pick me up from pre-school because no one else would/could).

He was the one that made Sunday's Cowboys day and we would sit, he would give me a stick of spearmint gum and he would explain football to me while watching his beloved Dallas Cowboys. They then became my beloved Cowboys.

To me it was the time of my life and still some of the most wonderful memories I still look fondly upon.
Old Mr. Campbell riding up on his bike and his sneaking me a stick of gum, lol and Cowboy's football.

He died a few years later and I carried on the tradition of Cowboy's Sunday to this day.
Both in honor of him and I just became a fan that won't stop being a fan.
1CC3CF53-306E-4800-ABF7-A56CEF9C623F.jpeg

C’mere little boy. Bring your little fat ass on over here and come watch the cowboys with me. I got some bubblegum in my pocket you’re welcome to fish out.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Ain't nothing but a hole in that pocket!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
My dad was the most hard core fan I’ve ever met. Once he shot the antenna off of the tower with his shotgun after a loss. Another time he kicked a hole in the side of the console TV with his boot.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
My dad was the most hard core fan I’ve ever met. Once he shot the antenna off of the tower with his shotgun after a loss. Another time he kicked a hole in the side of the console TV with his boot.
I admire the unbridled passion.

Top Bottom