Who will the Cowboys pick at 19?

Who will the Cowboys pick at 19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think it's the be-all end-all for them but I do think they factor it heavily. I can't imagine them selecting a player in the first round with a score as poor as Ridley's.
SPARQ is just a fancy way of saying height, weight and combine results. I think everyone in the NFL considers a guys combine performance, height and weight. But it's in different ratios. It's really hard to know what Dallas values in a WR because we draft them so rarely. I do think we value size at the position though as I mentioned earlier.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Ridley if he is still there. Dallas cant wait until the second round to get him and Bryant leaving is very much going to make Dallas go after the top receiver available.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ridley if he is still there. Dallas cant wait until the second round to get him and Bryant leaving is very much going to make Dallas go after the top receiver available.
There's no reason that they have to feel forced to take a WR in the 1st.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I still believe the quickest "fix" for this team would be to solidify the O-line... if that unit could return to 2016 form, opening holes for Zeke, giving Dak the time to spread the ball around, thereby enabling the offense to again average 30 ppg, it would take the pressure off the defense (allowing them to be more opportunistic). As long as we can get solid play from our LB'ers, our pass rush and db's should be trending upward, so asking them to hold the opposition under 24 ppg would not be unrealistic.

We did not lose those games to Atlanta, Philly, and the LAC because of our defense.

If Hernandez is there at 19, take him and then get a LB/WR in the 2nd and 3rd (even if we need to trade up for them).

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I still believe the quickest "fix" for this team would be to solidify the O-line... if that unit could return to 2016 form, opening holes for Zeke, giving Dak the time to spread the ball around, thereby enabling the offense to again average 30 ppg, it would take the pressure off the defense (allowing them to be more opportunistic). As long as we can get solid play from our LB'ers, our pass rush and db's should be trending upward, so asking them to hold the opposition under 24 ppg would not be unrealistic.

We did not lose those games to Atlanta, Philly, and the LAC because of our defense.

If Hernandez is there at 19, take him and then get a LB/WR in the 2nd and 3rd (even if we need to trade up for them).
We lost the Broncos, Rams, and Packers games in large part due to our defense. But I like your thinking and wouldn't be disappointed with Hernandez.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Hernandez reportedly scored an 11 and 15 (re-test)on the Wonderlic.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Only if they want Ridley. He won’t last to the 2nd round IMO.
He definitely won't be but my point is that this particular WR class is quite deep and they'd be well served to look elsewhere at 19 if they have similarly ranked guys at positions like LB, DL, etc.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He definitely won't be but my point is that this particular WR class is quite deep and they'd be well served to look elsewhere at 19 if they have similarly ranked guys at positions like LB, DL, etc.
I don’t disagree. I just think that Dallas May want a super size status receiver to replace Bryant. Jones has a certain flair about Wide receivers. This draft it’s seems to be Ridley.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's bad. Usually OL do the best on those tests. Not sure I give a poop, though.
Yeah not sure it matters that much for a guard. It's probably one of the positions I worry about it least. Sort of like a DT pr DE with a low wonderlic.

Top Bottom