Who will the Cowboys pick at 19?

Who will the Cowboys pick at 19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Why do you think that? I don't totally disagree with you. Dallas usually loves size with wideouts. Which is why I think we all may be shocked with a Sutton pick.
That's what I'm afraid they're thinking as well, watch us take Sutton as the first wr off the board

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's impossible to tell when you have no clue what the board will look like but I'll go Ridley just because he good at everything Dez was bad at and the coaching staff made a trek down to Alabama like they did at Ohio St. a few years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these guys were the pick though.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why do you think that? I don't totally disagree with you. Dallas usually loves size with wideouts. Which is why I think we all may be shocked with a Sutton pick.
Ridley's SPARQ score sucks. I'd bet they like Moore and Sutton.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think they would go with Ridley but I believe he'll be gone before 19. So I'll say we'll probably go Sutton, who is someone I don't want at 19.

Of course with Jerry hosting the draft I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and make a big splash and foolish trade up in the first.

Genghis Khan

I'm going to guess the pick will be Vander Esch. They have a Boise fetish.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm the only one who picked Evans. I feel special.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm going to guess the pick will be Vander Esch. They have a Boise fetish.
That's my best guess at this point, though if I had to take Vander Esch or the field, I'd take the field.

But what I actually think is that they don't pick at 19. I think they either move up or down.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Trading down would be the best decision, there is a solid group of about 5-7 guys that I'd be fine with at 19 but none that truly stand out above the rest.

Genghis Khan

That's my best guess at this point, though if I had to take Vander Esch or the field, I'd take the field.

But what I actually think is that they don't pick at 19. I think they either move up or down.
It's a huge need, he has a high SPARQ, and he's from a school they historically look at.

I agree though, I think chances are better he's not the pick. Especially since they don't like to go LB in round one very often.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Sutton after a trade down. That scenario ticks off a lot of their boxes as well (local player, skill position, high SPARQ, draft day trade fetish).

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If its a trade down for Sutton I could live with it but not at 19. Maybe its just the feeling of being too similar to some of the qualities of Dez that's turning me off. I just don't know really what it is but dont really want him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
How about we rank these guys in order of who we want?

It's more productive than guessing who will or won't be there.

I'd go:

1. Will Hernandez
2. Leighton Vander Esch
3. Da'Ron Payne
4. DJ Moore
5. Harold Landry
6. Calvin Ridley
7. Isaiah Wynn

gap

8. Rashaan Evans
9. James Daniels - If we had a need at center he'd be damn near number 1, I just don't know how well he translates to OG at 6-3, 295 and as far as I can tell he's only started 2 games at OG and that was in 2015. The past two years he's been a full-time center. Remember how Travis Frederick was clearly uncomfortable playing OG compared to C? That's what makes me skittish picking him this high.
10. Courtland Sutton

That top 7 is very fluid, I could have 3 different orders if you asked me every day between now and Thursday.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

I'd go:

1. Will Hernandez
2. Leighton Vander Esch
3. Da'Ron Payne
4. DJ Moore
5. Harold Landry
6. Calvin Ridley
7. Isaiah Wynn

gap

8. Rashaan Evans
9. James Daniels - If we had a need at center he'd be damn near number 1, I just don't know how well he translates to OG at 6-3, 295 and as far as I can tell he's only started 2 games at OG and that was in 2015. The past two years he's been a full-time center. Remember how Travis Frederick was clearly uncomfortable playing OG compared to C? That's what makes me skittish picking him this high.
10. Courtland Sutton

That top 7 is very fluid, I could have 3 different orders if you asked me every day between now and Thursday.
IMO... this is the closest scenario to what will pan out for us.

Props.

I'd be cool with any of those top 6 @ 19.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Taco's SPARQ didn't suck at all. It was above average actually.

Ridley's literally sucks.
Oh I thought it was worse than it was. But either way I don't think SPARQ is used that heavily in how Dallas rates guys. Otherwise last years draft would have shaken out very differently.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'd go:

1. Will Hernandez
2. Leighton Vander Esch
3. Da'Ron Payne
4. DJ Moore
5. Harold Landry
6. Calvin Ridley
7. Isaiah Wynn

gap

8. Rashaan Evans
10. Courtland Sutton

Yeah my rankings aren't that crazy different. I'm just not nearly as high on Payne as you are.

1. Will Hernandez
2. Leighton Vander Esch
3. Calvin Ridley
4. DJ Moore
5. Harold Landry
6. Isaiah Wynn
7. Courtland Sutton

Guys I wouldn't even consider unless we traded down first. Although Sutton maybe should be on this list as well.

8. Rashaan Evans
9. James Daniels
10. Da'Ron Payne

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah my rankings aren't that crazy different. I'm just not nearly as high on Payne as you are.

1. Will Hernandez
2. Leighton Vander Esch
3. Calvin Ridley
4. DJ Moore
5. Harold Landry
6. Isaiah Wynn
7. Courtland Sutton

Guys I wouldn't even consider unless we traded down first. Although Sutton maybe should be on this list as well.

8. Rashaan Evans
9. James Daniels
10. Da'Ron Payne
I'm not in love with Payne necessarily but I do think he'd be a deserving pick at 19. Ask me tomorrow and I might have Payne at 5 or 6 on that list.

I don't think the gap between him and Vea is as big as many seem to think though. Vea has the obvious size advantage and he is definitely a rock in the middle, but I think Payne is also excellent vs. the run and brings a little more movement skills as a pass-rusher, despite what his college stats were.

Genghis Khan

Oh I thought it was worse than it was. But either way I don't think SPARQ is used that heavily in how Dallas rates guys. Otherwise last years draft would have shaken out very differently.
I don't think it's the be-all end-all for them but I do think they factor it heavily. I can't imagine them selecting a player in the first round with a score as poor as Ridley's.

Top Bottom