Where do you rank Dak among NFL QBs?

Where do you rank Prescott among NFL QBs?

• Total voters

data

Forbes #1
Baltimore does not have WRs and elite RB, but that is what Dak has exactly had outside of a brief window between Dez and Cooper.
This is part of the program where we shit on Dez, Amari and Zeke in every other thread but call them elite HOFer generational types in here

So Dez was elite and we suddenly cut him and nobody picks him up. Makes sense. Amari Cooper is supposedly elite and that’s why he was available for trade for a mid-round 1st. Now we pretend Zeke of 2016 has existed for all of the last four seasons.

Lookit, you think Lamar is better than Dak Prescott - fine. I don’t necessarily disagree. My opinion may change in a couple weeks depending on what I see from Jackson

Im not even going off statistical comparison, either. Going off my eyes, I see two players that benefit from their supporting cast, players and coaches, about the same. Making a call, though, I like Dak’s future career progression than Lamar Jackson’s.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which allows him to rack up bigger yardage stats and pass even more. Stats are often the fallback basis for Dak's diehard supporters, but they do not tell the full story.

When we're talking offensive productivity Dak doesn't impact the rushing offense as much as Jackson. Under Jackson, the Ravens running game has jumped by a full YPC, and it comes from both Jackson himself and the threat of his running.

Baltimore does not have WRs and elite RB, but that is what Dak has exactly had outside of a brief window between Dez and Cooper.

I'm just shocked Baltimore thinks it can keep winning with the average WRs they have.

If Jerry Jones can build a WR corps, Baltimore should at least be able to get a third of the way there while still maintaining the OL and defense.
Hollywood Brown would look like a star with Dak throwing to him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dak Prescott's 2017 passing stats:

No WR, not so hot.
Awesome. But I don't recall saying anything about Dak Prescott. I was laughing at your description of Lamar Jackson being a 'sharp and gifted passer'. I doubt anybody other than you and his mother have ever described him like that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Awesome. But I don't recall saying anything about Dak Prescott. I was laughing at your description of Lamar Jackson being a 'sharp and gifted passer'. I doubt anybody other than you and his mother have ever described him like that.
I think he has a very quick release, he’s accurate, and has a strong arm. This year NFL defenses have taken away what worked (really well) in 2019. In that kind of situation with no receivers and a still-functioning running game passing stats are going to be all over the place,

With both Yanda and Stanley out now, it’s hard to see the passing game improve. He can’t be wreckless with the football like he was against Pittsburgh, but that game was an aberration turnover wise for him.

Baltimore will have to find other ways to win, but it’s clear they aren’t in the Chiefs’ class

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is part of the program where we shit on Dez, Amari and Zeke in every other thread but call them elite HOFer generational types in here

So Dez was elite and we suddenly cut him and nobody picks him up. Makes sense. Amari Cooper is supposedly elite and that’s why he was available for trade for a mid-round 1st. Now we pretend Zeke of 2016 has existed for all of the last four seasons.

Lookit, you think Lamar is better than Dak Prescott - fine. I don’t necessarily disagree. My opinion may change in a couple weeks depending on what I see from Jackson

Im not even going off statistical comparison, either. Going off my eyes, I see two players that benefit from their supporting cast, players and coaches, about the same. Making a call, though, I like Dak’s future career progression than Lamar Jackson’s.
I never said I liked Lamar’s long term future prospects over Daks.

Dak has more experience relative to anyone because he started day one and so stands to mature faster at each career milestone

Lamar’s unique speed won’t last forever. But it’s not going away for some time.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Dak has more experience relative to anyone because he started day one and so stands to mature faster at each career milestone

If he stays upright and injury free. I got comfortable thinking Dak would never be injured

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
There are 3-4 QBs whom I rate about evenly with Dak, so a reasonable argument for him being a top 8-12 QB can be made.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

I enjoyed watching Lamar at Louisville, he was basically a runner that threw the ball when he had to. People can’t discount his speed and running ability in today’s NFL because the fact is today’s QBs aren’t going to get tattooed when they run. They are over protected, and there’s no big fear in taking off with the ball. Just like Kyler Murray. Those speed type QBs are here to stay in the pussified NFL.
So as a total package I think Lamar might edge Dak as a run/pass QB, but I do think Dak the better old type NFL prototypical QB.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If you give a QB no receivers, it's impossible to get an accurate read on them.

Baltimore is going nowhere fast because they somehow managed to ignore the position in the richest WR draft in a while while also ignoring any free agents or trades of worth.

Luckily for them there are a lot of WRs in this next draft too.

Top Bottom