Where do you rank Dak among NFL QBs?

Where do you rank Prescott among NFL QBs?

• Total voters

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Based on talent versus the rest of the QBs he is very good. Based on current situation total package? Good

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Based on talent versus the rest of the QBs he is very good. Based on current situation total package? Good
IMO, the dumpster fire defense and beat up OL makes Dak's personal performance before the injury very impressive.
It's still remarkable that DAL was a stop away from beating Seattle (since we were up 31-30 with four minutes to play).
Could have been 3-2 if that had happened.
Crazy.
Last few weeks have just exposed how bad the team is without Dak even with the fact that Dak was not protecting the ball as well as he should.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I agree. That's why talent-wise I put him as very good. Behind Brees, Roethlisburger, Brady, Wilson, Watson, Rodgers, and Mahomes in no particular order.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree. That's why talent-wise I put him as very good. Behind Brees, Roethlisburger, Brady, Wilson, Watson, Rodgers, and Mahomes in no particular order.
I don't think there is much difference between him and Watson.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I don't think there is much difference between him and Watson.
Probably. I didn't think much of Watson coming out. Hopkins may have made him look better than he is. Still puts him in the 6-9 range talent-wise. Pretty fair

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Haven’t put much thought into it, but based on that list taking into account age there are only 3 QB’s I’d take over Dak right now...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He is good enough to get us to a ring. He just needs coaching/players to be good enough.

data

Forbes #1
When ranking NFL QBs, where do you rank Prescott?
What’s the time criteria - we talking next four years, just one season or one game?

Are you gonna take these answers as basis for contract commitment? Cuz I’ll take Dak Prescott in 2021 for one year, $41M franchise tag but my answer may be different if intended for arguing a longEr-term four years, ~$41M/yr

If just for shits and giggles one game, I’ve got Brady, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Matt Ryan, Mahomes above Dak Prescott and could be convinced Stafford, too.

No, I didn’t forget Lamar Jackson.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If just for shits and giggles one game, I’ve got Brady, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Matt Ryan, Mahomes above Dak Prescott and could be convinced Stafford, too.

No, I didn’t forget Lamar Jackson.
I've had to drop Lamar Jackson as well in my own personal QB ranking. I had him top 5 coming into the season but his lack of growth as a passer is troubling. His WR group isn't very good but he's been inconsistent and inaccurate as well. Since week 2 he's only completed something like 57% of his passes.....which would be okay if this were 1990.

data

Forbes #1
I've had to drop Lamar Jackson as well in my own personal QB ranking. I had him top 5 coming into the season but his lack of growth as a passer is troubling. His WR group isn't very good but he's been inconsistent and inaccurate as well. Since week 2 he's only completed something like 57% of his passes.....which would be okay if this were 1990.
His playoff performance vs Tennessee was disappointing.

I’m not saying Dak Prescott would be 10 games better than Lamar Jackson out of 10 games, but I’m more comfortable with Dak Prescott providing a more reliable, consistent performance across those ten games.

Call it the consistent Emmitt 4.5 YPC vs boom-or-busy Barry for a poor analogy.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I’m not saying Dak Prescott would be 10 games better than Lamar Jackson out of 10 games, but I’m more comfortable with Dak Prescott providing a more reliable, consistent performance across those ten games.

I get that. I'd also feel better about Dak's odds of winning a game with his arm. If teams do a good job limiting the damage Lamar does with his legs, I'm not confident in his ability to beat good teams with his arm if the Raven's running game has been stifled.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think there are more than 5 QB's I'd clearly take over Dak for a 1, 3 or 5 year timeframe, although I don't think he's a lock top 5 so I voted 6-9.

The only locks are Wilson and Mahomes for whatever time period, and Rodgers for 1-3 years. Other than that you could argue guys like Brady/Roethlisberger/Brees (1 year), Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, and Herbert/Burrow (3-5 years), but ultimately I think they're all toss-ups at best for their respective timeframes.

data

Forbes #1
I don't think there are more than 5 QB's I'd clearly take over Dak for a 1, 3 or 5 year timeframe, although I don't think he's a lock top 5 so I voted 6-9.

The only locks are Wilson and Mahomes for whatever time period, and Rodgers for 1-3 years. Other than that you could argue guys like Brady/Roethlisberger/Brees (1 year), Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, and Herbert/Burrow (3-5 years), but ultimately I think they're all toss-ups at best for their respective timeframes.
Derek Carr’s an interesting one. I wouldn’t choose him over Dak, but I wonder how much more improved he’d be with a better supporting cast.

However, I’ve seen him make too many WTF plays that remind me of Jay Cutler.

shane

DCC 4Life
Gotta be top 10 with potential to be much better. I don't see him having a ceiling of becoming as good as Wilson or Mahomes, but pretty damn close. He has the leadership intangible that you can't teach. Definitely feel better about him than I ever did about Romo.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Complete with the supporting cast argument.

Dak has been reliable because he doesn’t have to shoulder the load, or at least he’s never been able to without Dez/Cooper, Zeke in his prime, or a world class OL.

And Dak can’t pass to set up the run. This is the biggest reason you see this pattern of early deficits followed by furious rallies.

Lamar has almost as good an OL and a better defense, but he is the reason Baltimore’s running game is outstanding and he is also a sharp and gifted passer. Don’t know why they refuse to sign or trade for a real WR, but I guess they think being second or third best is good enough.

data

Forbes #1
Complete with the supporting cast argument.

Dak has been reliable because he doesn’t have to shoulder the load, or at least he’s never been able to without Dez/Cooper, Zeke in his prime, or a world class OL.

And Dak can’t pass to set up the run. This is the biggest reason you see this pattern of early deficits followed by furious rallies.

Lamar has almost as good an OL and a better defense, but he is the reason Baltimore’s running game is outstanding and he is also a sharp and gifted passer. Don’t know why they refuse to sign or trade for a real WR, but I guess they think being second or third best is good enough.
Supporting cast? let’s talk Baltimore’s defense setting up Lamar Jackson with much better starting field position and lower points allowed.

...and throw in Harbaugh vs Garrett

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

Oh, shit. Now THAT was a good one.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Supporting cast? let’s talk Baltimore’s defense setting up Lamar Jackson with much better starting field position and lower points allowed.
Which allows him to rack up bigger yardage stats and pass even more. Stats are often the fallback basis for Dak's diehard supporters, but they do not tell the full story.

When we're talking offensive productivity Dak doesn't impact the rushing offense as much as Jackson. Under Jackson, the Ravens running game has jumped by a full YPC, and it comes from both Jackson himself and the threat of his running.

Baltimore does not have WRs and elite RB, but that is what Dak has exactly had outside of a brief window between Dez and Cooper.

I'm just shocked Baltimore thinks it can keep winning with the average WRs they have.

If Jerry Jones can build a WR corps, Baltimore should at least be able to get a third of the way there while still maintaining the OL and defense.

Top Bottom