What are you packing?

JBond

Brand New Member
This is a thread for the members that have their CCW permit, or those that enjoy shooting.

My current setup is a Glock 30SF with an IWB Galco holster and a nice new belt, also from Galco. I was really surprised what a big difference a great belt can make for concealed carry.

I am a thinner guy, just under 6' and around 175lbs. Now that summer has come I am looking for some input on a single stack 9mm. The Glock is a bit blocky and does not conceal as well as I would like under a tee shirt. I am considering the Springfield Arms XDS 9 or the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
2 guns. Thunder and Lightning.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My home defense gun is a .40 cal S&W M&P. I don't carry except when I'm on the road, and then I usually leave it in my truck.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Funny that this thread got started. I was talking about buying a few guns with a friend last night.

JBond

Brand New Member
[/IMG]

Ruger LCR .38 special

It's light as a feather.
Can you hit anything with it? I have an old snub nose Taurus .38. It was my grandfathers. I can't hit crap with it.

Jon88

Banned
Can you hit anything with it? I have an old snub nose Taurus .38. It was my grandfathers. I can't hit crap with it.
It scatters past 5 yards. It's more for close range.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Good thread.

I have 3 or 4 guns I carry.

If its winter, I like my Glock 33 in 357 Sig.

Summertime I use either a Kimber RCP or a Glock 26 in 9mm.

I have tons of money in holsters and have sold several I just didn't like on eBay. So far the 2 I use are Garrett Industries Fusion and Comp-tac Minotaur.

They are the best and most comfortable for me. I am 6'1 and about 218 pounds.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I have a Glock 17 right now.

If I ever get around to going through the fuckin hassle to get a CWP, I'll probably go with the G26.

Jon88

Banned
Good thread.

I have tons of money in holsters and have sold several I just didn't like on eBay. So far the 2 I use are Garrett Industries Fusion and Comp-tac Minotaur.

What color are your eyes?

Lol jk

Jon88

Banned
I should've gotten something more powerful with more rounds. Oh well...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Good thread.

Do you have one just for your formal wear?

JBond

Brand New Member
Good thread.

Have you tried a super tuck holster yet? They look huge, but I tried a friends this weekend and it was extremely comfortable and made my Glock .45 disappear.

Also, do you have any experience with the M&P Shield in 9mm?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
My home defense gun is a .40 cal S&W M&P. I don't carry except when I'm on the road, and then I usually leave it in my truck.
Same here, I don't carry but do keep a Daly .45 in my truck alot of the time

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Kimber Custom II in a holster attached to the front/bottom of the seat in my truck. Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II for my concealed carry. Both in .45

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Have you tried a super tuck holster yet? They look huge, but I tried a friends this weekend and it was extremely comfortable and made my Glock .45 disappear.

Also, do you have any experience with the M&P Shield in 9mm?
No experience with the M&P....but I did try the Walther and it was SLIM. I am also a big fan of the Kahr pistols, although before you could reliably carry one it take about 200 rounds to fed reliably.

I am pretty much a Glock homer.

I did try a Crossbreed but it was just too much damn cowhide for me. In the summer I was sweating like a MF'er with that thing. I like Kydex in the summer.

Top Bottom