What a dumbass...

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
That is very impressive, and goes to show you how different NoDicks lifestyle is of mine. How did you know of these devices? Things that make you go hmmmmm...
That's nothing. I wear one on my dick.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Matt Mosley ‏@mattmosley 53m
My favorite line of the day so far: "Josh Brent's attorneys were trying to determine how alcohol got into his system." Two guesses?

lol wut

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That is very impressive, and goes to show you how different NoDicks lifestyle is of mine. How did you know of these devices? Things that make you go hmmmmm...
Try clicking a link and reading the story. It's not that hard. But yeah, not being ignorant is quite the lifestyle difference.

Cotton

Staff member
Josh Brent to have added monitoring
Updated: May 24, 2013, 12:09 PM ET
Associated Press

DALLAS -- A judge has ordered more alcohol monitoring for a Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle awaiting trial on an intoxicated manslaughter charge.

Josh Brent is charged in the Dec. 8 crash that killed Jerry Brown Jr., a Cowboys' practice squad player. Police say Brent's blood-alcohol level was twice the legal limit.

Brent appeared in court Friday for a hearing. He's been free on $100,000 bond, but prosecutors say he violated the terms of his release by setting off an alcohol monitoring device and failing to download data from it as required.

Judge Robert Burns said Friday that he would not raise Brent's bond, but ordered the extra monitoring.

Brent's career remains on hold pending the outcome of the case. His trial date is scheduled for September on the intoxicated manslaughter charge.

D

Deuce

Supposedly these things are not fail-proof. Mouthwash, certain types of food, and some medications can trigger the sensor. But since this is a Jerrys boy, I'm hoping the judge squashes his bond. That way, I get to hear the spin our fucktard of an owner puts on the DL "depth". :lol
Mouth wash can which is one of his excuses, but since mouth wash has alcohol in it he shouldn't get any leeway. Besides, to set it off he must be swallowing it rather than spitting it out.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
So Mr. Brent...did you spit or swallow?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Josh Brent to have added monitoring
Updated: May 24, 2013, 12:09 PM ET
Associated Press

DALLAS -- A judge has ordered more alcohol monitoring for a Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle awaiting trial on an intoxicated manslaughter charge.

Josh Brent is charged in the Dec. 8 crash that killed Jerry Brown Jr., a Cowboys' practice squad player. Police say Brent's blood-alcohol level was twice the legal limit.

Brent appeared in court Friday for a hearing. He's been free on $100,000 bond, but prosecutors say he violated the terms of his release by setting off an alcohol monitoring device and failing to download data from it as required.

Judge Robert Burns said Friday that he would not raise Brent's bond, but ordered the extra monitoring.

Brent's career remains on hold pending the outcome of the case. His trial date is scheduled for September on the intoxicated manslaughter charge.
He probably got a lecture from the judge that this is his only chance, if he's caught again setting off the monitor there will be no benefit of the doubt.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
From a football perspective, if this guy can't even stay sober when he knows he's being monitored, and he knows he just killed someone because of his drinking, how could you possibly trust him on your team (assuming he is allowed to return to football someday)?

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
From a football perspective, if this guy can't even stay sober when he knows he's being monitored, and he knows he just killed someone because of his drinking, how could you possibly trust him on your team (assuming he is allowed to return to football someday)?
No kidding. I'm ready to sacrifice my moral objections for a better DL, but it doesn't look like Brent has learned anything from his mistakes or he has such an acute alcohol addiction that he simply doesn't have control of himself and will continue to have more destructive incidents.

Cotton

Staff member
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 8m
Filed to ESPNDallas. Josh Brent's attorney opening talks about a plea deal.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 8m
Filed to ESPNDallas. Josh Brent's attorney opening talks about a plea deal.
I bet he's ready to deal now since his client is in danger of ruining any possibility of that through his continued dumb actions.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
DALLAS -- Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent will remain free while he awaits trial for intoxication manslaughter, as a judge on Friday denied a request by prosecutors to revoke his bond due to problems with alcohol monitoring.

Brent is charged in the fatal car crash Dec. 8 that killed Jerry Brown, a Cowboys practice squad player, college teammate and friend. Police have accused Brent of driving with a blood-alcohol content more than twice the legal limit.

As a condition of his $100,000 bond, Brent is required to wear an alcohol ankle monitor and appear for regular meetings with a county officer. Witnesses at Friday's hearing said he had repeatedly missed required times for his ankle monitor to download information, as well as two appointments with the officer.

Judge Robert Burns ordered a second form of monitoring to take breath samples, and for Brent to provide a urine sample. Burns said he would not increase Brent's bond amount.

Prosecutors had filed a motion Thursday asking for his bond to be revoked

Jiggyfly

Banned
Update, 10:38 a.m. Friday:

A Dallas County judge this morning decided to not revoke or increase the bond for Dallas Cowboys lineman Josh Brent after he was called into a hearing to answer allegations of repeatedly violating the terms of his bail.

As part of his release, Brent was ordered to wear a SCRAM ankle bracelet that monitors alcohol levels and ordered to maintain a curfew. The hearing included testimony from a bond supervisor, the CEO of Brent’s rehab center and a SCRAM device supervisor, who said Brent hasn’t logged his data 22 times, which makes monitoring difficult, but there were no signs of alcohol being detected or the device being tampered with.

As part of a new arrangement, the ankle monitor worn by Brent will randomly sample for alcohol and will also take a picture of his environment at the sampling time.

More details to come.

Follow Selwyn Crawford’s tweets from the hearing in the module below.

Selwyn Crawford @DMNSCrawford
Josh Bret's bond not increased. He is not jailed.

On cross examination, SCRAM supervisor said "there's nothing" to indicate josh Brent consumed alcohol.

SCRAM device supervisor testified that #joshbrent failed to download necessary info to device "22 times," making monitoring difficult.

SCRAM supervisor said he doesn't believe @dallascowboys #joshbrent consumed alcohol.

Report shows no alcohol or tampering detected by SCRAM alcohol monitoring advice on #joshbrent.
Josh Brent's bond supervisor acknowledges handling off case by Dallas Co. DA's office is "unusual."

Carp

DCC 4Life
You suck Jiggyfly.

Nothing personal, but the world was about to implode on itself due to Schmitty complementing you.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think he meant to put an N where he put the J.

Top Bottom