Wentz or Prescott Article

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So a rookie QB from a small school made some bad throws. Shocking. He still finished with 3800 16/14...which is excellent for a rookie. Winning 7 games and navigating the season with an entire new staff is commendable as well. Last year was not a wash, that is silly.
Ayuh.... he was pretty good, really. Coming out of a small school too, so it was a huge adjustment for him. He is going to go to some Pro Bowls. If you didnt see the talent, I have to question your bias.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If Carson Wentz played for a team outside of our division, people would be giving him a lot more credit. But since he plays for Philly, he must be shit on.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If Carson Wentz played for a team outside of our division, people would be giving him a lot more credit. But since he plays for Philly, he must be shit on.
That's all it is.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wentz basically had the same year as Matt Ryan did as a rookie...so that is pretty good.
Um except not really at all. Matt Ryan was better almost across the board by a good amount.

Matt Ryan as a rookie averaged 7.93 yards per pass attempt, had a QB rating of 87.7, and had a 16 to 11 TD to INT ratio.

Carson Wentz had 6.23 yards per pass attempt, had a QB rating of 79.3, and 16 TDs with 14 INT.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wentz will be good if he continues to grow but I wouldn't consider trading Prescott for him for a second. Prescott has much better pocket awareness and instincts as far as subtly manipulating the pocket. I also think he's more accurate with a more refined throwing motion.

Both of them can stand to improve on their footwork.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Um except not really at all. Matt Ryan was better almost across the board by a good amount.

Matt Ryan as a rookie averaged 7.93 yards per pass attempt, had a QB rating of 87.7, and had a 16 to 11 TD to INT ratio.

Carson Wentz had 6.23 yards per pass attempt, had a QB rating of 79.3, and 16 TDs with 14 INT.
It is close enough and Philly was not a down the field passing team. Seriously...this is a comparison that has you up in arms?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Homer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is close enough and Philly was not a down the field passing team. Seriously...this is a comparison that has you up in arms?
:lol

It's a silly comparison that's why. Matt Ryan had a lot better rookie season.

Wentz's rookie season falls somewhere better than Blake Bortles but worse than Jameis Winston.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Homer? How do you figure?

I was a Wentz fan when he played for the Bison. Now I hope he fails miserably, but I can still admit when a team in our division has a good player. If anything, you and others are the homer for not wanting to admit to the fact that a Dallas rival has a good young QB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Homer? How do you figure?

I was a Wentz fan when he played for the Bison. Now I hope he fails miserably, but I can still admit when a team in our division has a good player. If anything, you and others are the homer for not wanting to admit to the fact that a Dallas rival has a good young QB.
Calm yourself. It was a joke.

Top Bottom