Week 5 Thursday Night Chatter | Patriots at Bucs | 10-5-2017

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not buying into all this "demise of the Patriots" talk. Once again people are rushing to bury them.

I've got the Patriots by at least 2 TDs tonight.
:unsure

Cotton

Staff member
3rd & 1 and Tom Brady lines up shotgun, empty backfield. Belichick = The Genius.
[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION] [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION]
:lol

Shit stirrer.

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I missed it. What'd he say?
That Dallas had a more vertical attack at the time and it made the organization pass on Amendola. He was saying he wanted to get more east-west routes into the passing attack but they didn't have them at the time. Since passing on Amendola (but not to imply it was because of him) Dallas integrated these routes which they use with Beasley.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think based on his accomplishments and what he's done it's hard to argue against it.

But I truly believe Aaron Rodgers could have won all of those same Super Bowls. In fact, I think there are a lot more things that Rodgers can can do that Brady does, but there's a few things I think Brady could never do that Rogers can.

That unbelievable throw that beat us in the playoffs last year? Brady has neither the mobility or the arm strength to make that throw.
Totally agree. Brady has and always will have the better career resume with the Superbowl wins, but I think Rodgers might be the best QB I've ever seen. He can do things I haven't seen anyone else do, and he usually does it without a ton of great help around him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Totally agree. Brady has and always will have the better career resume with the Superbowl wins, but I think Rodgers might be the best QB I've ever seen. He can do things I haven't seen anyone else do, and he usually does it without a ton of great help around him.
Yup.

People like to point out, and accurately so, how Brady has been great even when he wasn't given a lot to work with.

Well, Rodgers has been able to do the same throughout his career. Even when his best receivers get hurt whether it be Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb(And Randall Cobb isn't a great receiver to begin with), Rodgers still makes the offense go and still puts up points.

Put him on the Pats with Belichick, and they are racking up the SB wins either way.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yup.

People like to point out, and accurately so, how Brady has been great even when he wasn't given a lot to work with.

Well, Rodgers has been able to do the same throughout his career. Even when his best receivers get hurt whether it be Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb(And Randall Cobb isn't a great receiver to begin with), Rodgers still makes the offense go and still puts up points.

Put him on the Pats with Belichick, and they are racking up the SB wins either way.
He's definitely the best I've seen and at least he's bearable since stopping that stupid championship belt routine. I remember some people thinking he was going to be a bust like Boller coming out of Cal and he wouldn't be able to fill the legendary Favruh's shoes but I'd say the cheeseheads up there forgot about that schmuck pretty fast.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He's definitely the best I've seen and at least he's bearable since stopping that stupid championship belt routine. I remember some people thinking he was going to be a bust like Boller coming out of Cal and he wouldn't be able to fill the legendary Favruh's shoes but I'd say the cheeseheads up there forgot about that schmuck pretty fast.
He can do everything Favre can do, but only better.

And he also doesn't have backbreaking, idiotic mistakes at the wrong time or those random stinkers Favre would have when he would throw 4 or 5 picks a game.

Rodgers is about as close to perfect as you could ask a QB to be. If I were a Packers fan, I'd feel frustrated that they only have 1 ring to show for his time at QB.

Like us, Green Bay have not made a lot of real attempts to improve a defense that has long been their achilles heel. The inability to put together a solid all around team is the only reason they haven't been to more Super Bowls during his tenure.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
He can do everything Favre can do, but only better.

And he also doesn't have backbreaking, idiotic mistakes at the wrong time or those random stinkers Favre would have when he would throw 4 or 5 picks a game.

Rodgers is about as close to perfect as you could ask a QB to be. If I were a Packers fan, I'd feel frustrated that they only have 1 ring to show for his time at QB.

Like us, Green Bay have not made a lot of real attempts to improve a defense that has long been their achilles heel. The inability to put together a solid all around team is the only reason they haven't been to more Super Bowls during his tenure.
Wasn't that SB W after they had brought Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews, AJ Hawk, BJ Raji, etcetera onboard ?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wasn't that SB W after they had brought Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews, AJ Hawk, BJ Raji, etcetera onboard ?
Right.

It's by far the best defense they've had his whole time there.

The defense caught fire late in the year and helped get them to that Super Bowl.

Top Bottom