Week 5 Gameday Chatter | Texans vs. Cowboys | 10/05/2014

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
And this thread was started way too early this morning. Might be a problem.
I started last week's thread at approximately the same time.

Cowboys win in a romp.

Stand down, crybaby.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I haven't wanted the Cowboys to win a game this badly since we went to New York to open the season in 2012.

Living in this city, I simply can't fathom the nonsense I'll have to deal with if they lose.

Please, Cowboys, win this game.

:skurred
So have you been talking mad shit at work this week?

1bigfan13

Staff member
If we shut down the run we win this thing easily. Fitzpatrick probably can't beat us with his arms plus he will make mistakes.

Additionally, there's no Mo Claiborne to pick on.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So have you been talking mad shit at work this week?
No.

Luckily for me, I don't have to hear shit at this job as I did my last one.

But in this city, there's no way I can completely avoid it. I would love to shut these fuckers up for a few weeks and get the Texans started on what I believe will be a losing streak if we beat them today.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Going in to a game this confident is a strange feeling. The few times we've been able to do so in the last few years, has led to some heartache.

But this team has something different. A cohesive/good OLine, and a commitment (so far) to run the ball. The defense does still scare me, though.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This just in...

Marshall Faulk is still a stupid fuck.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Any of the DFW crowd have suggestions of Dallas restaurants? Looking for somewhere to take the family for lunch before we leave town.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This just in...

Marshall Faulk is still a stupid fuck.
He really is.

He embraces that Cowboys hate.

Every other member of the set were presenting logical facts about what the Cowboys are doing from week to week but he can't see past his hate for the Cowboys. So he has nothing to stand on but his biased personal opinion/hate of the Cowboys.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Going in to a game this confident is a strange feeling. The few times we've been able to do so in the last few years, has led to some heartache.

But this team has something different. A cohesive/good OLine, and a commitment (so far) to run the ball. The defense does still scare me, though.
If it were anyone other than the Texans, I too would be very confident in a win.

I think it's just the fear of losing to them that has me so worried.

Now, if we win today? You're going to see a positive side of me that hasn't been seen in these parts in a long long time.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dr. Sapp?

:picard

They really should just forget about trying to turn these pregame shows into a comedy routine. Just sit at your desk, and talk about the upcoming games. Damn.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So, that's 3.25 a year. I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure I saw a graphic that showed that was more than all of the FA RBs.
Chris Johnson got a 2yr 8mil contract

1bigfan13

Staff member
Ben Tate returns today vs. the Titans.

Should I start him over Reggie Wayne in the W/R slot?

Carp

DCC 4Life
All these positive vibes will go away real fast if we lose today...very quickly we go from 3-1 to 3-3.

Please win today...please.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

They have a crowded backfield now with Crowell making the most of his 10-12 carries last couple of weeks in addition to what they give West. I'd go with Wayne

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Reggie Wayne is a pretty dependable player.

I don't know if I'd sit him for a guy who doesn't guarantee you anything.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
All these positive vibes will go away real fast if we lose today...very quickly we go from 3-1 to 3-3.

Please win today...please.
Exactly.

I think that's the same scenario the Texans are facing too. Both teams are doing much better than most expected, but one of them falls to 3-2 today and then has to face the Colts/Seahawks next week.

I don't see either of these teams bouncing back from this loss to win next week against those teams, so this could be a real season-changing loss for whoever loses today.

Top Bottom