Week 4 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys vs Rams | 10-1-2017

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jesus. Is Switzer another homer pet-cat now?

Yeah, he's really slow. And short. And has no burst
No, he's not a pet cat at all.

But you claiming he's really slow is really retarded. And now he has no burst? Ok.

4.5 in the 40 isn't blazing, but it's not 'really slow' either. And his 4.0 20 yard shuttle (top time at combine) and 11.14 60 yard shuttle (2nd fastest time at combine) kind of shines the light on the stupidity of that claim.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No, he's not a pet cat at all.

But you claiming he's really slow is really retarded. And now he has no burst? Ok.

4.5 in the 40 isn't blazing, but it's not 'really slow' either. And his 4.0 20 yard shuttle (top time at combine) and 11.14 60 yard shuttle (2nd fastest time at combine) kind of shines the light on the stupidity of that claim.
You are watching with tinted lenses. Not one bit of that supposed speed has translated onto the field. His short legs limit his stride but should give him an advantage changing direction. They haven't.

Skeets Nehemiah was a world class track athlete. Couldn't play NFL football.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jesus. Is Switzer another homer pet-cat now?

Yeah, he's really slow. And short. And has no burst
hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/Submit
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Cotton

Staff member
You are watching with tinted lenses. Not one bit of that supposed speed has translated onto the field. His short legs limit his stride but should give him an advantage changing direction. They haven't.

Skeets Nehemiah was a world class track athlete. Couldn't play NFL football.
Just stop.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Switzer is definitely quick changing direction, but he looks like he has less straight speed than I expected.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Switzer is definitely quick changing direction, but he looks like he has less straight speed than I expected.
Yep. I think he is a Beasley clone much better suited as a slot WR than a pure returner.

I definitely believe he is better returning kicks and punts than anything we’ve had in recent memory but he is not a blazer with the pure speed to outrun everyone after making the first few coverage guys miss.

Cotton

Staff member
Yep. I think he is a Beasley clone much better suited as a slot WR than a pure returner.

I definitely believe he is better returning kicks and punts than anything we’ve had in recent memory but he is not a blazer with the pure speed to outrun everyone after making the first few coverage guys miss.
Yeah, but he is nowhere even close to "really slow".

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/Submit
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
Here we go. Official 2017 pet cats: Jaylon Smith, Ryan Switzer (God only knows why)

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Be careful speaking your mind. NoDak and Iamtdg have proclaimed this observation to be nonsensical. C-Rock to drop hammer in in 3...2...1

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Be careful speaking your mind. NoDak and Iamtdg have proclaimed this observation to be nonsensical. C-Rock to drop hammer in in 3...2...1
Oh come on, Ravi. I haven't even chimed in on this one yet. Let me get my foot in the door first.

My view of Switzer: not expecting much but curious. I don't think he is really slow but those numbers show a quickness. Maybe not fast but quick to start. Will say "really slow" is an exaggeration, though. Not a pet cat by any means as he is trying to replace the GOAT.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Nobody here has even hinted that he's a good player. In fact, nobody has commented on his ability to play football at all.

The only thing we've commented on is your completely idiotic claim that he's 'really slow'.

I'll say one thing for you... When you decide to latch on to some retarded football stance by saying something stupid, which you do quite often, you don't fuck around. Props for that, I guess.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Nobody here has even hinted that he's a good player. In fact, nobody has commented on his ability to play football at all.

The only thing we've commented on is your completely idiotic claim that he's 'really slow'.

I'll say one thing for you... When you decide to latch on to some retarded football stance by saying something stupid, which you do quite often, you don't fuck around. Props for that, I guess.
As you posted, 4.5 in the 40 is not blazing fast but its fast enough to break some returns. His short area quickness is outstanding but so far we’ve seen a couple bone headed plays from him that concern me more than how fast or slow he is.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As you posted, 4.5 in the 40 is not blazing fast but its fast enough to break some returns. His short area quickness is outstanding but so far we’ve seen a couple bone headed plays from him that concern me more than how fast or slow he is.
Yep agree on all accounts.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yep. I think he has the necessary skills to be a good returner. Short area quickness and burst is more important than just straight line speed for a punt returner. Hell, Patrick Crayton wan't a burner either, but he had some long returns. Switzer just needs to get his head on straight.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Ryan Switzer has been slow, especially on kickoffs. I feel his longest kickoff return will remain not far from his average. On PRs straight line speed is not as important, but he hasn't been special there either.

I was hoping for more. Maybe the light will turn on soon. Unfortunately he's already cost us a game.

Top Bottom