Week 3 Game Day Chatter | Sunday Games | 9-24-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
I don't understand why the Bears got a 1st & goal. Isn't it a fumble and touchback out of bounds, Steelers ball?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If you go by how he has looked in the first and third games this season, Tom Brady looks like he has definitely lost a step.

It's only natural that this would happen since the guy is 40, but people were wondering when he would ever slow down and I think it's possible we could be seeing that now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you go by how he has looked in the first and third games this season, Tom Brady looks like he has definitely lost a step.

It's only natural that this would happen since the guy is 40, but people were wondering when he would ever slow down and I think it's possible we could be seeing that now.
Yeah I know some expert claimed they thought he could play to 45 at a high level and such. But it's just so unlikely for any QB to survive that long.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Marcus Cooper with the blocked FG return pulled a Leon Lett and got cocky and slowed down, got caught at the 1 and had the ball knocked out. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just saw the replay of that Bears player that cost them a TD because he wanted to stop and showboat at the goal line. What a dip shit.

He should be benched for the rest of the game.

Cotton

Staff member
I just saw the replay of that Bears player that cost them a TD because he wanted to stop and showboat at the goal line. What a dip shit.

I will have you know, I spent a fair amount of time making that gif right above your post. I would appreciate a prop and a quote.

data

Forbes #1

Why did the Bears get a 1st & goal from the 1? There was no time on the clock and it should be a touchback.

Cotton

Staff member
Why did the Bears get a 1st & goal from the 1? There was no time on the clock and it should be a touchback.
Because you can't fumble the ball forward, and since it went out of bounds without either team securing possession, the ball is placed at the spot of the fumble.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because you can't fumble the ball forward, and since it went out of bounds without either team securing possession, the ball is placed at the spot of the fumble.
I thought any time it was fumbled out the end zone it was a touch back. We've seen it happen as million times.

Cotton

Staff member
Case Keenum tearing it up today, Bears beating the Steelers, Texans hanging with the Patriots. WTH is going on?

Cotton

Staff member
I thought any time it was fumbled out the end zone it was a touch back. We've seen it happen as million times.
Because it was illegally batted out of bounds.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think that's right. A team fumbling out of the endzone should be a touchback for the other team.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't think that's right. A team fumbling out of the endzone should be a touchback for the other team.
It normally would be, but the refs called an illegal bat of the ball which is what caused it to go out of bounds, so they placed the ball at the spot of the fumble.

Cotton

Staff member
Ahhh, well that changes things. Didn't see that in your original post.
Yeah, when C-Rock replied I realized I had not put that in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom