Week 3 Game Day Chatter | Sunday Games | 9-24-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Bipolar Has been so oppressed. I feel horrible.

No really. I do.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Amazing the attitudes of the privileged white on this board.

You've never had to walk a fucking inch in a black person's shoes, but you're saying shut up and play ball for me, BOY!!

You don't have a goddamn fucking clue.
Dude, I didn't see anyone saying anything disparaging at all. You are just pulling something out of nowhere and making yourself look stupid per usual.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm just curious, but I don't think I have ever heard your take on the kneeling situation. As a black man who serves in the military, how do you feel about this situation? If you don't mind saying. If you don't, I understand.
I've never had a problem with it because despite what a lot of people try to claim, it was never about the military. From day one it was made clear that the issue centered around police misconduct and equality.

Obviously I'm around a ton of current and former military members and I'd say the vast majority that I've come in contact with understand the difference and know that it's the players' right as Americans to protest peacefully. The players aren't looting and stirring up riots. They're exercising their basic rights as Americans. Obviously there are many who are completely against it but there are also just as many in the other camp who fully support the players kneeling.

I don't serve to protect the flag, I serve to protect the American way of life. Too many people confuse the two. IMO, the flag is just a piece of cloth that we've applied symbolic meaning to, but the right to vote, free speech, bear arms, etc. those things are tangible and worth fighting for.

Last edited:

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Guess I'm stuck watching Falcons/Lions. I dang sure am not going to watch the SquealersBears unless I see the former is getting blown out.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Oh look, the Lions and Falcons are doing the lock arms in solidarity thing. How...Shocking. At least it doesn't look like all of them.

Cotton

Staff member
I've never had a problem with it because, despite what a lot of people try to claim, it was never about the military. From day one it was made clear that the issue centered around police misconduct and equality.

Obviously I'm around a ton of current and former military members and I'd say the vast majority that I've come in contact with understand the difference and know that it's the players' right as Americans to protest peacefully. The players aren't looting and stirring up riots. They're exercising their basic rights as Americans. Obviously there are many who are completely against it but there are also just as many in the other camp who fully support the players kneeling.

I don't serve to protect the flag, I serve to protect the American way of life. Too many people confuse the two. IMO, the flag is just a piece of cloth that we've applied symbolic meaning to, but the right to vote, free speech, bear arms, etc. those things are tangible and worth fighting for.
That is very well said, and I agree for the most part. Not really trying to bring politics into the chatter thread, but some football player kneeling doesn't affect my day one way or the other. Do I see it as disrespectful? Absolutely, I do. Do I think it should me mandated players stand? Absolutely not. They have every right to kneel. I just don't have to agree with it. But, that is what makes this country great. We don't have to always agree with each other, but we should respect each other enough to allow others to do as they please, within their rights.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amazing the attitudes of the privileged white on this board.

You've never had to walk a fucking inch in a black person's shoes, but you're saying shut up and play ball for me, BOY!!

You don't have a goddamn fucking clue.
Those poor oppressed millionaires on the field, they really know what it feels like. GTFO

It's convenient when you can just claim anyone who disagrees is just a white privileged racist. Without actually making a point of course.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh look, the Lions and Falcons are doing the lock arms in solidarity thing. How...Shocking. At least it doesn't look like all of them.
I saw a few players in the Jags/Ravens game kneeling with their hands over their hearts. I respect that.

Cotton

Staff member
Adam Thielen already with 45 yards. One of my better draft picks this year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Adam Thielen already with 45 yards. One of my better draft picks this year.
I have him too but I was scared to play him without Bradford in the lineup.

Cotton

Staff member
I picked up Jermaine Kearse because Corey Coleman went down. We will see if it pans out.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Those poor oppressed millionaires on the field, they really know what it feels like. GTFO

It's convenient when you can just claim anyone who disagrees is just a white privileged racist. Without actually making a point of course.
The vast majority of black players didn't grow up millionaires or probably even middle class.

Not many here have experienced the fear of being pulled over and having the wrong color skin, worried that the cop might be some dipshit that thinks all blacks look the same and could be the violent criminal that was just reported down the road.

Final political post in football thread....

Cotton

Staff member
I am playing [MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION] this week in FF. He has the Ravens defense starting. ~snicker~

Cotton

Staff member
I really need LeVeon Bell to get off high center and start producing.

data

Forbes #1
Booze has yet to post. This one's gonna be Mt. Vesuvius when he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom