Week 3 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys at Seahawks | 9-23-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:lol

The village of Detroit will be burned to the ground tonight. Even the women and children shall not be spared.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I haven't read through the thread yer....has Iamtdg finally jumped off the Prescott ship?

It's time to move on. Dak's jjust not that dude. He's horrible. Unfortunately we're stuck with him until next season. So it's 13 more weeks of watching him struggle to get past the 120 yard passing mark.

I thought this team had 6 wins in them but after what I've seen these first 3 weeks I'm dropping that number to 3 wins.
Naw, Jerry will spend the next few years trying to patch things up on the offense so Dak can succeed.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I was laughing about that for a bit. Its almost like they thought they were going to outsmart Seattle and trick them.
It never fails, this coaching staff will find something that works then never call it again because "that's what they are expecting"

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You don't want to draft a Jake Locker or some such by forcing a top 10 pick on a QB if the right guy isn't there, I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of those years.

I want Garrett gone yesterday but I wouldn't complain if they keep him around next year with the plan to tank for Tagovailoa or Haskins, although obviously that would never be the actual plan, it'd only be dumb luck if it worked out like that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Not good company..... Geez I cant take a the Quincy leaving Valley Ranch Meme with Daks face on it...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What I don't get is why they completely got rid of the read option....it's what finally got us looking at least halfass decent last week so the gameplan this week is...pocket passing?
This is a Garrett-era staple.

Only switch it up AFTER you've had a week to watch film and dissect what went wrong/could've gone better, then immediately toss it out the window after one game of use.

I guarantee that you'll see it again next week, though.

All jokes and hyperbole aside, it really is baffling how Garrett just fails to grasp basic football concepts when he's been a part of this game for almost his entire life.

It's stuff that your average fan understands and gets, but he just can't grasp it.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
We could possibly finish 8-8 or even 9-7, and miss out on a shot to draft a real QB. That would be just about be the worst case scenario.
End up giving up picks to move up
I'm not even sure that blue Chip QB's are coming up

1bigfan13

Staff member
Naw, Jerry will spend the next few years trying to patch things up on the offense so Dak can succeed.
Speaking of patching things up, this OL has been a colossal disappointment. Tyron Smith was really disappointing today.

They spent all those high draft picks and money on the OL and they are performing like a middle of the pack at best unit.

If they continue to play this poorly I think next offseason they need to explore options to get away from some of those OL contracts.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We could possibly finish 8-8 or even 9-7, and miss out on a shot to draft a real QB. That would be just about be the worst case scenario.
End up giving up picks to move up
I'm not even sure that blue Chip QB's are coming up
It might be the best case scenario because it would set us up to keep Garrett and perhaps really tank next year. The 2019 class is going to be weak I'm pretty sure, although obviously you can't plan on tanking a year in advance.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
This is a Garrett-era staple.

Only switch it up AFTER you've had a week to watch film and dissect what went wrong/could've gone better, then immediately toss it out the window after one game of use.

I guarantee that you'll see it again next week, though.

All jokes and hyperbole aside, it really is baffling how Garrett just fails to grasp basic football concepts when he's been a part of this game for almost his entire life.

It's stuff that your average fan understands and gets, but he just can't grasp it.
I know we all joke about this a lot, but Garrett really has zero feel for game flow/momentum

1bigfan13

Staff member

Not good company..... Geez I cant take a the Quincy leaving Valley Ranch Meme with Daks face on it...
I pointed out a few times that his production is eerily similar to Quincy Carter's.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
God no.

Yeah, a 1-2 team with potentially a desperate need at QB, and a real desperate need at WR and TE, and no need at all for safety, really, given that they aren't competing for anything, especially not a 30 year old safety, should NOT be trading assets away.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Passing yards don't matter. There's no story to be read from this statistic at all.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I haven't read through the thread yer....has Iamtdg finally jumped off the Prescott ship?

It's time to move on. Dak's jjust not that dude. He's horrible. Unfortunately we're stuck with him until next season. So it's 13 more weeks of watching him struggle to get past the 120 yard passing mark.

I thought this team had 6 wins in them but after what I've seen these first 3 weeks I'm dropping that number to 3 wins.
Forget Iamtdg.

Will Cowboysrock finally admit that Goff and Wentz are on a different planet than Dak?

He's still clinging to that gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom