One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
I'm going to watch whatever Romo's announcing. [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Speaking of NFL Ticket, I had to spend approximately an hour on the phone with DirectTV last night.

Told them I was moving week after next and was not sure about continuing service and I definitely didn't want to re-up for the Ticket.

First guy was a real asshole. I hung up on him. Called back and got a cool dude who gave me a $30 credit on the bill but said he could not "help me with the Ticket" and he would have to transfer me to "customer service". Got disconnected, called back and got another hostile chick who misunderstood I wanted HBO cut off next Sunday, not instantly. Saw that it was shut off, so I called back and obviously got the New Delhi bureau. She stated she couldn't help with the Ticket, transferred me again. Got back stateside and flipped a bitch on them, threatening to yank the service totally.

Ended up with the Ticket free, premium channels for a year and $50 credit each month for the next 12 months.

Had to talk to four different people, but it was worth it.

CSB

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have not listened to a single second of his announcing yet. And don't care to either.
Did you see the mayo flop I posted? I figured you would enjoy that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Speaking of NFL Ticket, I had to spend approximately an hour on the phone with DirectTV last night.

Told them I was moving week after next and was not sure about continuing service and I definitely didn't want to re-up for the Ticket.

First guy was a real asshole. I hung up on him. Called back and got a cool dude who gave me a $30 credit on the bill but said he could not "help me with the Ticket" and he would have to transfer me to "customer service". Got disconnected, called back and got another hostile chick who misunderstood I wanted HBO cut off next Sunday, not instantly. Saw that it was shut off, so I called back and obviously got the New Delhi bureau. She stated she couldn't help with the Ticket, transferred me again. Got back stateside and flipped a bitch on them, threatening to yank the service totally.

Ended up with the Ticket free, premium channels for a year and $50 credit each month for the next 12 months.

Had to talk to four different people, but it was worth it.

CSB
Each phone call, did you have to provide your account information? I'm pretty sure they record conversation notes and negotiated offers each call. Surprised you got that slammin' deal after the 4th time. Figured they'd have hung up on you by that time.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm actually going to start out with Saints-Patriots. I'm interested in seeing what the Patriots defense looks like.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Each phone call, did you have to provide your account information? I'm pretty sure they record conversation notes and negotiated offers each call. Surprised you got that slammin' deal after the 4th time. Figured they'd have hung up on you by that time.
Oh they tried. I think that is what the "disconnect" was. I guess they figured I would give up but I would not be denied.

Probably on their "no negotiate" list for the next couple of years, I am sure. But the fact I am moving definitely helped. All it took was threatening to not take them with me at all was what got the deals going.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Brady's taken a couple solid hits already.

data

Forbes #1
Patriots execution is so crisp. Their jet sweep looks much more sudden than ours.

Top Bottom